Horizontal cooperation in logistics: Opportunities and impediments
AbstractThis paper presents the results of a large-scale survey on the potential benefits of and impediments for horizontal cooperation in Flanders. The main findings are that in general Logistics Service Providers strongly believe in the potential benefits of horizontal cooperation to increase their profitability or to improve the quality of their services. The impediments for cooperation that are perceived or expected by the non-cooperating Logistics Service Providers prove to be experienced by the cooperating Logistics Service Providers. Finding a reliable party to lead the cooperation and constructing a fair allocation mechanism for the benefits are the impediments that respondents agree with most.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review.
Volume (Year): 43 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600244/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- LAMAS, ALEJANDRO & CHEVALIER, Philippe, 2014. "Jumping the hurdles for collaboration: fairness in operations pooling in the absence of transfer payments," CORE Discussion Papers 2013073, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Büyüközkan, Gülçin & Feyzioglu, Orhan & Sakir Ersoy, Mehmet, 2009. "Evaluation of 4PL operating models: A decision making approach based on 2-additive Choquet integral," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 112-120, September.
- Groote Schaarsberg, M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Hamers, H.J.M. & Reijnierse, J.H., 2012. "Interactive Purchasing Situations," Discussion Paper 2012-035, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- VANOVERMEIRE, Christine & SÖRENSEN, Kenneth, 2013. "Measuring and rewarding flexibility in collaborative distribution, including two-partner coalitions," Working Papers 2013017, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- VANOVERMEIRE, Christine & SÖRENSEN, Kenneth, 2013. "Integration of the cost allocation in the optimization of collaborative bundling," Working Papers 2013019, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Schijndel, M.J.M. van & Braat, J.J.M., 2012. "Vehicle Planning in Cross Chain Control Centers," Discussion Paper 2012-058, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.