Logistics managers' stated preferences for freight service attributes
AbstractThis paper reports the results of an adaptive conjoint analysis (ACA) experiment performed in two Italian regions that estimates logistics managers' preferences for freight service attributes. Two sets of estimates have been obtained: (a) the utilities associated to each attribute level for each experiment, and (b) the attribute utility via an ordered probit model. Both estimates indicate, on average, a strong preference for attributes of quality (time, reliability, and safety) as opposed to cost.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review.
Volume (Year): 41 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600244/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Coltman, Tim & Devinney, Timothy M. & Keating, Byron W., 2010. "Best-worst scaling approach to predict customer choice for 3PL services," MPRA Paper 40492, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Becky Loo, 2010. "Cross-boundary container truck congestion: the case of the Hong Kong-Pearl River Delta region," Transportation, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 257-274, March.
- Sean Puckett & David Hensher & John Rose & Andrew Collins, 2007. "Design and development of a stated choice experiment for interdependent agents: accounting for interactions between buyers and sellers of urban freight services," Transportation, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 429-451, July.
- Truschkin, Eugen & Elbert, Ralf, 2013. "Horizontal transshipment technologies as enablers of combined transport: Impact of transport policies on the modal split," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 91-109.
- Sambracos, Evangelos & Ramfou, Irene, 2013. "The effect of freight transport time changes on the performance of manufacturing companies," MPRA Paper 51842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masiero, Lorenzo & Hensher, David A., 2010.
"Analyzing loss aversion and diminishing sensitivity in a freight transport stated choice experiment,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 349-358, June.
- Lorenzo Masiero & David A. Hensher, 2010. "Analyzing loss aversion and diminishing sensitivity in a freight transport stated choice experiment," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 1004, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Tsai, Ming-Chih & Yang, Chih-Wen & Lee, Hsiao-Ching & Lien, Ching-Wei, 2011. "Segmenting industrial competitive markets: An example from air freight," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 211-214.
- Lorenzo Masiero & David Hensher, 2011.
"Shift of reference point and implications on behavioral reaction to gains and losses,"
Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 249-271, March.
- Lorenzo Masiero & David A. Hensher, 2010. "Shift of reference point and implications on behavioral reaction to gains and losses," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 1005, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Lorenzo Masiero & Rico Maggi, 2010. "Estimation of indirect cost and evaluation of protective measures for infrastructure vulnerability: A case study on the transalpine transport corridor," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 1003, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Simona Mancini, 2013. "Multi-echelon distribution systems in city logistics," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 54, pages 2.
- Jesus Gonzalez-Feliu & Joelle Morana & Josep-Maria Salanova Grau & Tai-Yu Ma, 2013. "Design and scenario assessment for collaborative logistics and freight transport systems," Post-Print halshs-00844705, HAL.
- Alain De Beuckelaer & Jarl Kampen & J. Van Trijp, 2013. "An empirical assessment of the cross-national measurement validity of graded paired comparisons," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 1063-1076, February.
- Lucia Rotaris & Romeo Danielis & Igor Sarman & Edoardo Marcucci, 2012. "Testing for nonlinearity in the choice of a freight transport service," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 50, pages 4.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.