Pitman closeness of current k-records to population quantiles
AbstractIn this paper, the Pitman’s measure of closeness of current k-records to the population quantiles is investigated. While the required probabilities typically depend on the underlying distribution, in this article, we show that they are distribution-free for the symmetric distributions. The exact expressions are derived for the case of uniform and exponential distributions. A real data set will be used to illustrate the results of the paper. Eventually, some conclusions are presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ahmadi, J. & Balakrishnan, N., 2004. "Confidence intervals for quantiles in terms of record range," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 395-405, July.
- Ahmadi, Jafar & Balakrishnan, N., 2009. "Pitman closeness of record values to population quantiles," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(19), pages 2037-2044, October.
- Bose, Sudip & Datta, Gauri Sankar & Ghosh, Malay, 1993. "Pitman's measure of closeness for symmetric stable distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 245-251, June.
- Fountain, Robert L. & Keating, Jerome P., 1994. "The Pitman comparison of unbiased linear estimators," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 131-136, January.
- Ahmadi, Jafar & Balakrishnan, N., 2010. "Pitman closeness of current records for location-scale families," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(21-22), pages 1577-1583, November.
- Balakrishnan, N. & Iliopoulos, G. & Keating, J.P. & Mason, R.L., 2009. "Pitman closeness of sample median to population median," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(16), pages 1759-1766, August.
- Ahmadi, J. & Razmkhah, M. & Balakrishnan, N., 2009. "Current k-records and their use in distribution-free confidence intervals," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 29-37, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.