Quadratic approximation for nonconvex penalized estimations with a diverging number of parameters
AbstractWe propose an approximated penalized estimator (APE) that covers various statistical models and nonconvex penalties including the smoothly clipped absolute deviation (SCAD) penalty (Fan and Li, 2001) as a special case. The APE achieves the oracle property with a diverging number of parameters which extends the results of Kwon et al. (2011). Several numerical studies confirm the theoretical results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ledoit, Olivier & Wolf, Michael, 2004. "A well-conditioned estimator for large-dimensional covariance matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 365-411, February.
- Fan J. & Li R., 2001. "Variable Selection via Nonconcave Penalized Likelihood and its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1348-1360, December.
- Zou, Hui, 2006. "The Adaptive Lasso and Its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1418-1429, December.
- Kwon, Sunghoon & Choi, Hosik & Kim, Yongdai, 2011. "Quadratic approximation on SCAD penalized estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 421-428, January.
- Yongdai Kim & Sunghoon Kwon, 2012. "Global optimality of nonconvex penalized estimators," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 99(2), pages 315-325.
- Kim, Yongdai & Choi, Hosik & Oh, Hee-Seok, 2008. "Smoothly Clipped Absolute Deviation on High Dimensions," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103(484), pages 1665-1673.
- Hansheng Wang & Bo Li & Chenlei Leng, 2009. "Shrinkage tuning parameter selection with a diverging number of parameters," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 71(3), pages 671-683.
- Leng, Chenlei & Li, Bo, 2010. "Least squares approximation with a diverging number of parameters," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(3-4), pages 254-261, February.
- He, Xuming & Shao, Qi-Man, 2000. "On Parameters of Increasing Dimensions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 120-135, April.
- Wang, Hansheng & Leng, Chenlei, 2007. "Unified LASSO Estimation by Least Squares Approximation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 1039-1048, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.