The Gerber–Shiu discounted penalty function in a delayed renewal risk model with multi-layer dividend strategy
AbstractA class of delayed renewal risk processes with multi-layer dividend strategy is addressed here. Under the assumption that the premium rate is a step function depending on the current surplus level, a piecewise integro-differential equation for the Gerber–Shiu discounted penalty function in the delayed renewal risk model is derived, as an analogue of that in the ordinary renewal model, and the relationship between this function and the one in the ordinary renewal model is investigated. Subsequently, this relationship is detailed as regards both the stationary renewal risk model and the ruin probability. Finally, explicit expressions for some ruin-related quantities are included to illustrate the procedure, where the inter-claim times are generalized Erlang(2) distributed and the claims are exponentially distributed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Willmot, Gordon E., 2004. "A note on a class of delayed renewal risk processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 251-257, April.
- Lin, X.Sheldon & Pavlova, Kristina P., 2006. "The compound Poisson risk model with a threshold dividend strategy," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 57-80, February.
- Yang, Hu & Zhang, Zhimin, 2008. "Gerber-Shiu discounted penalty function in a Sparre Andersen model with multi-layer dividend strategy," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 984-991, June.
- Willmot, Gordon E. & Dickson, David C. M., 2003. "The Gerber-Shiu discounted penalty function in the stationary renewal risk model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 403-411, July.
- Lin, X. Sheldon & Sendova, Kristina P., 2008. "The compound Poisson risk model with multiple thresholds," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 617-627, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.