Asymptotic normality of conditional density estimation in the single index model for functional time series data
AbstractIn this paper, we investigate the estimation of conditional density function based on the single-index model for functional time series data. The asymptotic normality of the conditional density estimator and the conditional mode estimator for the α mixing dependence functional time series data are obtained, respectively. Furthermore, as applications, the asymptotic (1-ζ) confidence interval of the conditional density function and the conditional mode are also presented for 0<ζ<1.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Azzedine, Nadjia & Laksaci, Ali & Ould-Saïd, Elias, 2008. "On robust nonparametric regression estimation for a functional regressor," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(18), pages 3216-3221, December.
- Masry, Elias, 2005. "Nonparametric regression estimation for dependent functional data: asymptotic normality," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 155-177, January.
- M'hamed Ezzahrioui & Elias Ould Saïd, 2010. "Some asymptotic results of a non-parametric conditional mode estimator for functional time-series data," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 64(2), pages 171-201.
- Laksaci, Ali & Lemdani, Mohamed & Ould-Sad, Elias, 2009. "A generalized L1-approach for a kernel estimator of conditional quantile with functional regressors: Consistency and asymptotic normality," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(8), pages 1065-1073, April.
- Frédéric Ferraty & Ali Laksaci & Philippe Vieu, 2006. "Estimating Some Characteristics of the Conditional Distribution in Nonparametric Functional Models," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 47-76, 05.
- Ferraty, F. & Vieu, P., 2003. "Curves discrimination: a nonparametric functional approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 161-173, October.
- Attaoui, Said & Laksaci, Ali & Ould Said, Elias, 2011. "A note on the conditional density estimate in the single functional index model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 45-53, January.
- Frédéric Ferraty & Ingrid Van Keilegom & Philippe Vieu, 2010. "On the Validity of the Bootstrap in Non-Parametric Functional Regression," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 37(2), pages 286-306.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.