Robust Bayesian prediction and estimation under a squared log error loss function
AbstractRobust Bayesian analysis is concerned with the problem of making decisions about some future observation or an unknown parameter, when the prior distribution belongs to a class [Gamma] instead of being specified exactly. In this paper, the problem of robust Bayesian prediction and estimation under a squared log error loss function is considered. We find the posterior regret [Gamma]-minimax predictor and estimator in a general class of distributions. Furthermore, we construct the conditional [Gamma]-minimax, most stable and least sensitive prediction and estimation in a gamma model. A prequential analysis is carried out by using a simulation study to compare these predictors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 81 (2011)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meczarski, Marek & Zielinski, Ryszard, 1991. "Stability of the Bayesian estimator of the Poisson mean under the inexactly specified gamma prior," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 329-333, October.
- Zen Mei-Mei & DasGupta A., 1993. "Estimating A Binomial Parameter: Is Robust Bayes Real Bayes?," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 37-60, January.
- Boratyńska Agata & Męczarski Marek, 1994. "Robust Bayesian Estimation In The One-Dimensional Normal Model," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 221-230, March.
- DasGupta A. & Studden W. J., 1989. "Frequentist Behavior Of Robust Bayes Estimates Of Normal Means," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 7(4), pages 333-362, April.
- Ali Karimnezhad & Ahmad Parsian, 2014. "Robust Bayesian methodology with applications in credibility premium derivation and future claim size prediction," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer, vol. 98(3), pages 287-303, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.