Empirical likelihood for the two-sample mean problem
AbstractWe apply empirical likelihood method to constructing confidence regions for the difference of the means of two d-dimensional samples. It is shown that the empirical likelihood ratio test has an asymptotic chi-squared distribution. The Bartlett correction for the univariate case (d=1) has been investigated by Jing [1995. Two-sample empirical likelihood method. Statist. Probab. Lett. 24, 315-319]. Unfortunately, the Bartlett correction obtained in that article was incorrect. In this article the correct Bartlett correction is found and its effectiveness is shown by a simulation study.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 78 (2008)
Issue (Month): 5 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jing, Bing-Yi, 1995. "Two-sample empirical likelihood method," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 315-319, September.
- Chen, S. X., 1994. "Empirical Likelihood Confidence Intervals for Linear Regression Coefficients," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 24-40, April.
- Song Chen, 1993. "On the accuracy of empirical likelihood confidence regions for linear regression model," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 621-637, December.
- Liu, Yukun & Yu, Chi Wai, 2010. "Bartlett correctable two-sample adjusted empirical likelihood," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(7), pages 1701-1711, August.
- Gong, Yun & Peng, Liang & Qi, Yongcheng, 2010. "Smoothed jackknife empirical likelihood method for ROC curve," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(6), pages 1520-1531, July.
- Wu, Fan & Tsao, Min, 2014. "Two-sample extended empirical likelihood," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 81-87.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.