A note on stochastic comparisons of generalized order statistics
AbstractThe concept of generalized order statistics was introduced as a unified approach to a variety of models of ordered random variables. The purpose of this paper is to present some further results on univariate stochastic comparisons of generalized order statistics under the more general assumptions on the parameters of the models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 72 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Balakrishnan, N. & Cramer, E. & Kamps, U., 2001. "Bounds for means and variances of progressive type II censored order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 301-315, October.
- Khaledi, Baha-Eldin & Kochar, Subhash, 2000. "On dispersive ordering between order statistics in one-sample and two-sample problems," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 257-261, February.
- Erhard Cramer & Udo Kamps, 2003. "Marginal distributions of sequential and generalized order statistics," Metrika, Springer, vol. 58(3), pages 293-310, December.
- Yashi Wang & Weiwei Zhuang & Taizhong Hu, 2010. "Conditionally stochastic domination of generalized order statistics from two samples," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 369-373, June.
- Hashemi, Marzieh & Tavangar, Mahdi & Asadi, Majid, 2010. "Some properties of the residual lifetime of progressively Type-II right censored order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(9-10), pages 848-859, May.
- Xie, Hongmei & Hu, Taizhong, 2010. "Some new results on multivariate dispersive ordering of generalized order statistics," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(4), pages 964-970, April.
- Burkschat, M. & Kamps, U. & Kateri, M., 2010. "Sequential order statistics with an order statistics prior," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(8), pages 1826-1836, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.