Characterization of hazard function factorization by Fisher information in minima and upper record values
AbstractThe hazard function is an important characteristic for the analysis of reliability data. It is therefore of interest to see under what conditions it can be expressed as the product of a function of the variable and a function of the parameter. We show that such a factorization can be characterized by the property of Fisher information in minima and upper record values. We present similar results for the reversed hazard rate by the property of Fisher information in maxima and lower record values. These properties imply the characterization of two classes of exponential families.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 72 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zheng, Gang, 2001. "A characterization of the factorization of hazard function by the Fisher information under Type II censoring with application to the Weibull family," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 249-253, April.
- Glenn Hofmann, 2004. "Comparing the Fisher information in record data and random observations," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 517-528, October.
- Stepanov, A. V. & Balakrishnan, N. & Hofmann, Glenn, 2003. "Exact distribution and Fisher information of weak record values," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 69-81, August.
- Zheng, Gang & Gastwirth, Joseph L., 2001. "On the Fisher information in randomly censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 421-426, May.
- Z. Abo-Eleneen & H. Nagaraja, 2002. "Fisher Information in an Order Statistic and its Concomitant," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 667-680, September.
- Gertsbakh, Ilya & Kagan, Abram, 1999. "Characterization of the Weibull distribution by properties of the Fisher information under type-I censoring," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 99-105, March.
- Fashandi, M. & Ahmadi, Jafar, 2012. "Characterizations of symmetric distributions based on Rényi entropy," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(4), pages 798-804.
- Balakrishnan, N. & Burkschat, Marco & Cramer, Erhard & Hofmann, Glenn, 2008. "Fisher information based progressive censoring plans," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 366-380, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.