A note on the paper of Khmaladze et al
AbstractLet X1,...,Xn be a sequence of i.i.d. random variables from some continuous distribution function F. Let Zn(a) be the number of observations of the sample that appeared after the maximum Mn was already registered and belong to the random interval (Mn-a,Mn] (a>0). In this note, we prove a strong limit law for Zn(a) which extends the corresponding result of Khmaladze et al. [Statist. Probab. Lett. 35 (1997) 49].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 68 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Khmaladze, E. & Nadareishvili, M. & Nikabadze, A., 1997. "Asymptotic behaviour of a number of repeated records," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 49-58, August.
- Pakes, Anthony G. & Li, Yun, 1998. "Limit laws for the number of near maxima via the Poisson approximation," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 395-401, November.
- Qi, Yongcheng, 1997. "A note on the number of maxima in a discrete sample," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 373-377, May.
- Li, Yun, 1999. "A note on the number of records near the maximum," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 153-158, June.
- Bairamov, I. & Stepanov, A., 2010. "Numbers of near-maxima for the bivariate case," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(3-4), pages 196-205, February.
- Stepanov, A., 2011. "Limit theorems for runs based on 'small spacings'," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 54-61, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.