Mixtures of exponential distributions and stochastic orders
AbstractMixtures of exponential distributions are treated as the Laplace transforms of mixing distributions. Using results on stochastic orders based on the Laplace transform order relations for the mixtures are derived. Preservation of some stochastic orders under the mixtures is studied.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 57 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Par - Economic Systems - - - - -
- ord - - - - - -
- Lap - Industrial Organization - - - - -
- tra - - - - - -
- Con - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
- Exp - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - - - -
- dis - - - - - -
- Mix - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - - - -
- DFR - Microeconomics - - - - -
- DRF - Microeconomics - - - - -
- Dil - Microeconomics - - - - -
- TP2 - - - - - -
- pro - - - - - -
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alzaid, Abdulhamid A. & Proschan, Frank, 1992. "Dispersivity and stochastic majorization," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 275-278, March.
- Bartoszewicz, J., 1987. "A note on dispersive ordering defined by hazard functions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 13-16, September.
- Bartoszewicz, Jaroslaw & Skolimowska, Magdalena, 2006. "Preservation of classes of life distributions and stochastic orders under weighting," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(6), pages 587-596, March.
- Paltanea, Eugen, 2011. "Bounds for mixtures of order statistics from exponentials and applications," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(5), pages 896-907, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.