Influence diagnostics in nonlinear reproductive dispersion models
AbstractWe extend some diagnostic methods studied by Pregibon (1981, Ann. Statist. 9, 705-724), Cook and Weisberg (1982, Residuals and Influence in Regression, Chapman & Hall, New York), and Wei (1998, Exponential Family Nonlinear Models, Springer, Singapore) to nonlinear reproductive dispersion models (NRDM, Jorgensen, 1997, The Theory of Dispersion Models, Chapman & Hall, London). The equivalency of case-deletion models and mean-shift outlier models in NRDM is investigated. Some of the diagnostic measures are illustrated with an example.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 46 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bo-Cheng Wei & Jian-Qing Shih, 1994. "On statistical models for regression diagnostics," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 267-278, June.
- Chen, Xue-Dong & Tang, Nian-Sheng, 2010. "Bayesian analysis of semiparametric reproductive dispersion mixed-effects models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(9), pages 2145-2158, September.
- Vanegas, Luis Hernando & Cysneiros, Francisco José A., 2010. "Assessment of diagnostic procedures in symmetrical nonlinear regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1002-1016, April.
- Xie, Feng-Chang & Wei, Bo-Cheng, 2007. "Diagnostics analysis for log-Birnbaum-Saunders regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(9), pages 4692-4706, May.
- Li, Ai-Ping & Chen, Zhao-Xia & Xie, Feng-Chang, 2012. "Diagnostic analysis for heterogeneous log-Birnbaum–Saunders regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(9), pages 1690-1698.
- Xia, Tian & Wang, Yuebao, 2010. "A note on the properties of the reproductive dispersion model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(17-18), pages 1397-1404, September.
- Sun, Rui-Bo & Wei, Bo-Cheng, 2004. "On influence assessment for LAD regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 97-110, April.
- Tang, Nian-Sheng & Chen, Xing & Fu, Ying-Zi, 2009. "Bayesian analysis of non-linear structural equation models with non-ignorable missing outcomes from reproductive dispersion models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(9), pages 2031-2043, October.
- Xia, Tian & Tang, Nian-Sheng & Wang, Xue-Ren, 2006. "Consistency and asymptotic normality of the maximum likelihood estimates in reproductive dispersion linear models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(11), pages 1137-1146, June.
- Vanegas, Luis Hernando & Rondón, Luz Marina & Cysneiros, Francisco José A., 2012. "Diagnostic procedures in Birnbaum–Saunders nonlinear regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 1662-1680.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.