Characterizations of the IFR and DFR aging notions by means of the dispersive order
AbstractThe purpose of this note is to show a new characterization of the IFR and DFR aging notions by means of the dispersive order. Our result extends results of Mailhot (1987) and of Belzunce, Candel and Ruiz (1995). Our method of proof can also be extended to handle comparisons of "past lives", that is, comparisons of [X - tX
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 33 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jongwoo Jeon & Subhash Kochar & Chul Park, 2006. "Dispersive ordering—Some applications and examples," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 227-247, March.
- Belzunce, F., 1999. "On a characterization of right spread order by the increasing convex order," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 103-110, November.
- Denuit, Michel M. & Mesfioui, Mhamed, 2011. "The dispersive effect of cross-aging with archimedean copulas," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(9), pages 1407-1418, September.
- Belzunce, Félix & Ortega, Eva & Ruiz, José M., 1999. "The Laplace order and ordering of residual lives," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 145-156, April.
- Kayid, M. & Alamoudi, L., 2013. "Some results about the exponential ordering of inactivity time," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 159-163.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.