Accurate rates of density estimators for continuous-time processes
AbstractWe specify necessary conditions for getting parametric convergence rate of kernel density estimators. For continuous-time processes observed over [0, T], we show that two possible exact rates are (ln T)/T and 1/T, according to the nature of sample paths.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 33 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Castellana, J. V. & Leadbetter, M. R., 1986. "On smoothed probability density estimation for stationary processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 179-193, February.
- Sköld, Martin & Hössjer, Ola, 1999. "On the asymptotic variance of the continuous-time kernel density estimator," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 97-106, August.
- Llop, P. & Forzani, L. & Fraiman, R., 2011. "On local times, density estimation and supervised classification from functional data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 73-86, January.
- Blanke, Delphine & Vial, Céline, 2008. "Assessing the number of mean square derivatives of a Gaussian process," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(10), pages 1852-1869, October.
- Liliana Forzani & Ricardo Fraiman & Pamela Llop, 2013. "Density estimation for spatial-temporal models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 321-342, June.
- M. Sköld, 2001. "The Asymptotic Variance of the Continuous-Time Kernel Estimator with Applications to Bandwidth Selection," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 99-117, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.