Asymptotic equivalence of nonparametric regression and white noise model has its limits
AbstractOne of the common themes of the modern nonparametric functional estimation folklore is that the signal-in-white-noise model can serve as a prototype for nonparametric regression. In this note we give an example showing that it may not always be the case
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 28 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006.
"Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy models,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 449-474, December.
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006. "Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy Models ," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-035, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006. "Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy Models ," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-034, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Nagel, Eva-Renate & Dette, Holger & Neumeyer, Natalie, 2004. "Bootstrap tests for the error distribution in linear and nonparametric regression models," Technical Reports 2004,38, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Mathias Trabs, 2011. "Calibration of selfdecomposable Lévy models," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-073, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Efromovich, Sam, 2003. "On the limit in the equivalence between heteroscedastic regression and filtering model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 239-242, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.