Ordered and unordered random partitions of an integer and the GEM distribution
AbstractThe joint distribution of ordered (or unordered) frequencies of a sample from random proportions is the Donnelly-Tavaré-Griffiths formula (or the Ewens sampling formula) if and only if the size-biased permutation of the random proportions has the GEM distribution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 25 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masaaki Sibuya, 1993. "A random clustering process," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 459-465, September.
- Hajime Yamato, 1993. "A pólya urn model with a continuum of colors," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 453-458, September.
- Thierry Huillet, 2005. "Unordered and ordered sample from dirichlet distribution," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 57(3), pages 597-616, September.
- Barrera, Javiera & Huillet, Thierry, 2004. "On random splitting of the interval," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 237-250, February.
- Yamato, Hajime & Sibuya, Masaaki & Nomachi, Toshifumi, 2001. "Ordered sample from two-parameter GEM distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 19-27, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.