Bias correction in ARMA models
AbstractWe give a general matrix formula for computing the bias of the exact unconditional maximum likelihood estimate in ARMA models, with known and unknown mean, up to order 1/n, where n is the length of the series. Some illustrative examples are presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 19 (1994)
Issue (Month): 3 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrick Richard, 2009. "Improving the accuracy of the analytical indirect inference estimator for MA models," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2795-2802.
- David E. Giles & Xiao Ling, 2011. "Bias Reduction for the Maximum Likelihood Estimator of the Parameters of the Generalized Rayleigh Family of Distributions," Econometrics Working Papers 1111, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Ferrari, Silvia L. P. & Cribari-Neto, Francisco, 1998. "On bootstrap and analytical bias corrections," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 7-15, January.
- Patriota, Alexandre G. & Lemonte, Artur J., 2009. "Bias correction in a multivariate normal regression model with general parameterization," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(15), pages 1655-1662, August.
- Cordeiro, Gauss M. & Vasconcellos, Klaus L. P., 1997. "Bias correction for a class of multivariate nonlinear regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 155-164, September.
- Bao, Yong & Ullah, Aman, 2007. "The second-order bias and mean squared error of estimators in time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 650-669, October.
- David E. Giles, 2012. "A Note on Improved Estimation for the Topp-Leone Distribution," Econometrics Working Papers 1203, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Ghitany, M.E. & Al-Mutairi, D.K. & Balakrishnan, N. & Al-Enezi, L.J., 2013. "Power Lindley distribution and associated inference," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 20-33.
- Reinsel, Gregory C. & Cheang, Wai-Kwong, 2003. "Approximate ML and REML estimation for regression models with spatial or time series AR(1) noise," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 123-135, April.
- Gauss Cordeiro & Lúcia Barroso, 2007. "A third-order bias corrected estimate in generalized linear models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 76-89, May.
- F. Cribari-Neto & G.M. Cordeiro, 1995. "On Bartlett and Bartlett-Type Corrections," Econometrics 9507001, EconWPA.
- David E. Giles & Hui Feng, 2009. "Bias of the Maximum Likelihood Estimators of the Two-Parameter Gamma Distribution Revisited," Econometrics Working Papers 0908, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Cordeiro, Gauss M. & Ferrari, Silvia L. P. & Uribe-Opazo, Miguel A. & Vasconcellos, Klaus L. P., 2000. "Corrected maximum-likelihood estimation in a class of symmetric nonlinear regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 317-328, February.
- David E. Giles, 2009. "Bias Reduction for the Maximum Likelihood Estimator of the Scale Parameter in the Half-Logistic Distribution," Econometrics Working Papers 0901, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.