Bias correction in ARMA models
AbstractWe give a general matrix formula for computing the bias of the exact unconditional maximum likelihood estimate in ARMA models, with known and unknown mean, up to order 1/n, where n is the length of the series. Some illustrative examples are presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 19 (1994)
Issue (Month): 3 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David E. Giles, 2009. "Bias Reduction for the Maximum Likelihood Estimator of the Scale Parameter in the Half-Logistic Distribution," Econometrics Working Papers 0901, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Cordeiro, Gauss M. & Vasconcellos, Klaus L. P., 1997. "Bias correction for a class of multivariate nonlinear regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 155-164, September.
- F. Cribari-Neto & G.M. Cordeiro, 1995. "On Bartlett and Bartlett-Type Corrections," Econometrics 9507001, EconWPA.
- Patrick Richard, 2009. "Improving the accuracy of the analytical indirect inference estimator for MA models," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2795-2802.
- Cordeiro, Gauss M. & Ferrari, Silvia L. P. & Uribe-Opazo, Miguel A. & Vasconcellos, Klaus L. P., 2000. "Corrected maximum-likelihood estimation in a class of symmetric nonlinear regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 317-328, February.
- Patriota, Alexandre G. & Lemonte, Artur J., 2009. "Bias correction in a multivariate normal regression model with general parameterization," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(15), pages 1655-1662, August.
- Ghitany, M.E. & Al-Mutairi, D.K. & Balakrishnan, N. & Al-Enezi, L.J., 2013. "Power Lindley distribution and associated inference," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 20-33.
- David E. Giles, 2012. "A Note on Improved Estimation for the Topp-Leone Distribution," Econometrics Working Papers 1203, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Gauss Cordeiro & Lúcia Barroso, 2007. "A third-order bias corrected estimate in generalized linear models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 76-89, May.
- David E. Giles & Hui Feng, 2009. "Bias of the Maximum Likelihood Estimators of the Two-Parameter Gamma Distribution Revisited," Econometrics Working Papers 0908, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Reinsel, Gregory C. & Cheang, Wai-Kwong, 2003. "Approximate ML and REML estimation for regression models with spatial or time series AR(1) noise," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 123-135, April.
- David E. Giles & Xiao Ling, 2011. "Bias Reduction for the Maximum Likelihood Estimator of the Parameters of the Generalized Rayleigh Family of Distributions," Econometrics Working Papers 1111, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Bao, Yong & Ullah, Aman, 2007. "The second-order bias and mean squared error of estimators in time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 650-669, October.
- Ferrari, Silvia L. P. & Cribari-Neto, Francisco, 1998. "On bootstrap and analytical bias corrections," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 7-15, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.