Existence, minimality and approximation of solutions to BSDEs with convex drivers
AbstractWe study the existence of solutions to backward stochastic differential equations with drivers f(t,W,y,z) that are convex in z. We assume f to be Lipschitz in y and W but do not make growth assumptions with respect to z. We first show the existence of a unique solution (Y,Z) with bounded Z if the terminal condition is Lipschitz in W and that it can be approximated by the solutions to properly discretized equations. If the terminal condition is bounded and uniformly continuous in W we show the existence of a minimal continuous supersolution by uniformly approximating the terminal condition with Lipschitz terminal conditions. Finally, we prove the existence of a minimal RCLL supersolution for bounded lower semicontinuous terminal conditions by approximating the terminal condition pointwise from below with Lipschitz terminal conditions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
Volume (Year): 122 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N. El Karoui & S. Peng & M. C. Quenez, 1997. "Backward Stochastic Differential Equations in Finance," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 1-71.
- Briand, Philippe & Delyon, Bernard & Mémin, Jean, 2002. "On the robustness of backward stochastic differential equations," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 229-253, February.
- Freddy Delbaen & Shige Peng & Emanuela Rosazza Gianin, 2010. "Representation of the penalty term of dynamic concave utilities," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 449-472, September.
- Briand, Philippe & Elie, Romuald, 2013. "A simple constructive approach to quadratic BSDEs with or without delay," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(8), pages 2921-2939.
- Gregor Heyne & Michael Kupper & Christoph Mainberger, 2011. "Minimal Supersolutions of BSDEs with Lower Semicontinuous Generators," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-067, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.