On non-Markovian forward–backward SDEs and backward stochastic PDEs
AbstractIn this paper, we establish an equivalence relationship between the wellposedness of forward–backward SDEs (FBSDEs) with random coefficients and that of backward stochastic PDEs (BSPDEs). Using the notion of the “decoupling random field”, originally observed in the well-known Four Step Scheme (Ma et al., 1994 ) and recently elaborated by Ma et al. (2010) , we show that, under certain conditions, the FBSDE is wellposed if and only if this random field is a Sobolev solution to a degenerate quasilinear BSPDE, extending the existing non-linear Feynman–Kac formula to the random coefficient case. Some further properties of the BSPDEs, such as comparison theorem and stability, will also be discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
Volume (Year): 122 (2012)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ma, Jin & Yong, Jiongmin, 1997. "Adapted solution of a degenerate backward spde, with applications," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 59-84, October.
- Wu, Zhen & Xu, Mingyu, 2009. "Comparison theorems for forward backward SDEs," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(4), pages 426-435, February.
- Hu, Ying & Ma, JinJin, 2004. "Nonlinear Feynman-Kac formula and discrete-functional-type BSDEs with continuous coefficients," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 23-51, July.
- Delarue, François, 2002. "On the existence and uniqueness of solutions to FBSDEs in a non-degenerate case," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 209-286, June.
- Ulrich Horst & Jinniao Qiu & Qi Zhang, 2014. "A Constrained Control Problem with Degenerate Coefficients and Degenerate Backward SPDEs with Singular Terminal Condition," Papers 1407.0108, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.