The impact of patent protection, economy openness and national culture on R&D investment: a cross-country empirical investigation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 30 (2001)
Issue (Month): 7 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2003. "The Governance of Localized Technological Knowledge and the Evolution of Intellectual Property Rights," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200301, University of Turin.
- Alexandre Almeida & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2007. "Does Patenting negatively impact on R&D investment?An international panel data assessment," FEP Working Papers 255, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Mark Rogers, 2003. "A Survey of Economic Growth," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(244), pages 112-135, 03.
- Lederman, Daniel & Maloney, William F., 2003. "Research and development (R&D) and development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3024, The World Bank.
- Lau, Chi Keung Marco & Yang, Fu Steve & Zhang, Zhe & Leung, Vincent K.K., 2013. "Determinants of Innovative Activities: Evidence from Europe and Central Asia Region," MPRA Paper 47153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Allred, Brent B. & Swan, K. Scott, 2005. "The mediating role of innovation on the influence of industry structure and national context on firm performance," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 229-252, June.
- Hudson, John & Minea, Alexandru, 2013. "Innovation, Intellectual Property Rights, and Economic Development: A Unified Empirical Investigation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 66-78.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2003. "The Governance of Technological Knowledge: Strategies, Processes and Public Policies," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200306, University of Turin.
- Alexandre Almeida & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2008. "One size does not fit all… An economic development perspective on the asymmetric impact of Patents on R&D," FEP Working Papers 292, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Fidel Pérez Sebastián, 2011.
"Understanding R&D Policy: Efficiency or Politics?,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2011-17, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Suma Athreye & Georgios Batsakis & Satwinder Singh, 2013. "Subsidiary Embeddedness is a Strategic Choice: Complementarity and the factors associated with different types of embeddedness," DRUID Working Papers 13-05, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Arijit Mukherjee, 2002.
"R&D, Licensing and Patent Protection,"
Keele Economics Research Papers
KERP 2002/01, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Allred, Brent B. & Park, Walter G., 2007. "The influence of patent protection on firm innovation investment in manufacturing industries," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 91-109, June.
- Shin-Horng Chen & Meng-Chun Liu, 2005. "International R&D Deployment and Locational Advantage of Developing Countries: A Case Study of Taiwan," NBER Chapters, in: International Trade in East Asia, NBER-East Asia Seminar on Economics, Volume 14, pages 81-108 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Akiyama, Taro & Furukawa, Yuichi, 2009. "Intellectual property rights and appropriability of innovation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(3), pages 138-141, June.
- Varsakelis, Nikos C., 2006. "Education, political institutions and innovative activity: A cross-country empirical investigation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1083-1090, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.