Subsidies, quality, and the regulation of nursing homes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 38 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grabowski, David C., 2001. "Medicaid reimbursement and the quality of nursing home care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 549-569, July.
- Shimizutani, Satoshi & Suzuki, Wataru, 2007. "Quality and efficiency of home help elderly care in Japan: Evidence from micro-level data," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 287-301, June.
- Jonathan Gruber, 2003.
in: Means-Tested Transfer Programs in the United States, pages 15-78
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grabowski, David C. & Hirth, Richard A., 2003. "Competitive spillovers across non-profit and for-profit nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Tomas Philipson, 1999.
"Aging and the Growth of Long-Term Care,"
9909, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Yong Suk Lee & Andrew D. Foster, 2013. "Staffing Subsidies and the Quality of Care in Nursing Homes," Department of Economics Working Papers 2013-16, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- He, Daifeng & Mellor, Jennifer M., 2012. "Hospital volume responses to Medicare's Outpatient Prospective Payment System: Evidence from Florida," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 730-743.
- Cohen, Joel W. & Spector, William D., 1996. "The effect of Medicaid reimbursement on quality of care in nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 23-48, February.
- Satoshi Shimizutani & Haruko Noguchi, 2005. "Nonprofit and for-profit providers in Japanfs at-home care industry: evidence on quality of service and household choice," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(3), pages 1-13.
- Arndt R. Reicher & Magdalena Stroka, 2014. "Nursing Home Prices and Quality of Care - Evidence from Administrative Data," Ruhr Economic Papers 0470, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Friesner, Daniel L., 2003. "An empirical examination of cost-adjusting in outpatient clinics," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 745-759.
- Haruko Noguchi & Satoshi Shimizutani, 2005.
"Nonprofit/For-Profit Status and Earning Differentials in the Japanese At-home Elderly Care Industry: Evidence from Micro-level Data on Home Helpers and Staff Nurses,"
Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
d04-76, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Noguchi, Haruko & Shimizutani, Satoshi, 2007. "Nonprofit/for-profit status and earning differentials in the Japanese at-home elderly care industry: Evidence from micro-level data on home helpers and staff nurses," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 106-120, March.
- Daniel Friesner & Robert Rosenman, 2001. "The Property Rights Theory of the Firm and Mixed Competition: A Counter-Example in the US Health Care Industry," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 437-450.
- Lakdawalla, Darius & Philipson, Tomas, 2006. "The nonprofit sector and industry performance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1681-1698, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:9:y:2005:i:3:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul J. Gertler, 1989. "Medicaid and the Cost of Improving Access to Nursing Home Care," NBER Working Papers 2851, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G., 2002. "Multiple payers, commonality and free-riding in health care: Medicare and private payers," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1049-1069, November.
- Sabina Gandhi, 2012. "Differences between non-profit and for-profit hospices: patient selection and quality," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 107-127, June.
- Haizhen Lin, 2010. "Do Minimum Quality Standards Improve Quality? A Case Study of the Nursing Home Industry," Working Papers 2010-01, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Chou, Shin-Yi, 2002. "Asymmetric information, ownership and quality of care: an empirical analysis of nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 293-311, March.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Tomas Philipson, 1998. "Nonprofit Production and Competition," NBER Working Papers 6377, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dor, Avi & Farley, Dean E., 1996. "Payment source and the cost of hospital care: Evidence from a multiproduct cost function with multiple payers," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-21, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.