Segregation curves, Lorenz curves, and inequality in the distribution of people across occupations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Mathematical Social Sciences.
Volume (Year): 21 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505565
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alonso-Villar, Olga & del Río, Coral, 2010.
"Local versus overall segregation measures,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 30-38, July.
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2011.
"Occupational Segregation Measures: A Role for Status,"
1103, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2010. "Occupational segregation measures: A role for status," Working Papers 167, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Olga Alonso Villar & Coral del Río, 2010. "Segregation of female and male workers in Spain: occupations and industries," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 194(3), pages 91-121, June.
- Tugce Cuhadaroglu, 2013. "My Group Beats Your Group: Evaluating Non-Income Inequalities," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 201308, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Stephan Humpert, 2012. "Age and Gender Differences in Job Opportunities," Working Paper Series in Economics 235, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Olga Alonso-Villar, 2011. "Measuring concentration: Lorenz curves and their decompositions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 451-475, October.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2006-02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2009.
"Gender segregation in the Spanish labor market: An alternative approach,"
0904, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Coral Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2010. "Gender Segregation in the Spanish Labor Market: An Alternative Approach," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 98(2), pages 337-362, September.
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2007. "An alternative proposal for measuring occupational segregation," Working Papers 82, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Chakravarty, Satya R. & Silber, Jacques, 2007. "A generalized index of employment segregation," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 185-195, March.
- Francine D. Blau & Patricia Simpson & Deborah Anderson, 1998.
"Continuing Progress? Trends in Occupational Segregation in the United States Over the 1970s and 1980s,"
NBER Working Papers
6716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francine Blau & Patricia Simpson & Deborah Anderson, 1998. "Continuing Progress? Trends in Occupational Segregation in the United States over the 1970s and 1980s," Feminist Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 29-71.
- Hutchens, Robert, 2001. "Numerical measures of segregation: desirable properties and their implications," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 13-29, July.
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Micklewright, John & Schnepf, Sylke V., 2006.
"Social Segregation in Secondary Schools: How Does England Compare with Other Countries?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1959, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stephen P. Jenkins & John Micklewright & Sylke V. Schnepf, 2006. "Social Segregation in Secondary Schools: How Does England Compare with Other Countries?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 550, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Stephen P. Jenkins & John Micklewright & Sylke V. Schnepf, 2006. "Social segregation in secondary schools: How does England compare with other countries?," Working Papers 27, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Pascaline Vincent & Frédéric Chantreuil & Benoït Tarroux, 2012. "Appraising the breakdown of unequal individuals in large French cities," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201220, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2008. "Occupational and industrial segregation of female and male workers in Spain: An alternative approach," Working Papers 84, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Barbezat D, 1993. "Occupational segmentation by sex in the world," ILO Working Papers 298900, International Labour Organization.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.