A numerical approach for a class of risk-sharing problems
AbstractAbstract This paper deals with risk-sharing problems between many agents, each of whom having a strictly concave law invariant utility. In the special case where every agent's utility is given by a concave integral functional of the quantile of her individual endowment, we fully characterize the optimal risk-sharing rules. When there are many agents, these rules cannot be computed analytically. We therefore give a simple convergent algorithm and illustrate it on several examples.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Mathematical Economics.
Volume (Year): 47 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco
Risk-sharing Comonotonicity Sup-convolution Calculus of variations Numerical approximation;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jouini, Elyès & Schachermayer, Walter & Touzi, Nizar, 2008. "Optimal Risk Sharing for Law Invariant Monetary Utility Functions," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/361, Paris Dauphine University.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/5446 is not listed on IDEAS
- E. Jouini & W. Schachermayer & N. Touzi, 2008.
"Optimal Risk Sharing For Law Invariant Monetary Utility Functions,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 269-292.
- Elyès Jouini & Walter Schachermayer & Nizar Touzi, 2007. "Optimal Risk Sharing for Law Invariant Monetary Utility Functions," Working Papers halshs-00176606, HAL.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Carlier, Guillaume, 2008. "Two-Persons Efficient Risk-Sharing and Equilibria for Concave Law-Invariant Utilities," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2348, Paris Dauphine University.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/9713 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Carlier, Guillaume, 2006. "Law invariant concave utility functions and optimization problems with monotonicity and comonotonicity constraints," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5392, Paris Dauphine University.
- G. Carlier & R. Dana, 2008. "Two-persons efficient risk-sharing and equilibria for concave law-invariant utilities," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 189-223, August.
- Carlier, Guillaume & Dana, Rose-Anne, 2003. "Core of convex distortions of a probability," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5446, Paris Dauphine University.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/2348 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Carlier, G. & Dana, R. A., 2003. "Core of convex distortions of a probability," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 199-222, December.
- Ghossoub, Mario, 2011. "Monotone equimeasurable rearrangements with non-additive probabilities," MPRA Paper 37629, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Mar 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.