Asymptotic Normality for Density Kernel Estimators in Discrete and Continuous Time
AbstractIn this paper, we build a central limit theorem for triangular arrays of sequences which satisfy a mild mixing condition. This result allows us to study asymptotic normality of density kernel estimators for some classes of continuous and discrete time processes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 68 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Castellana, J. V. & Leadbetter, M. R., 1986. "On smoothed probability density estimation for stationary processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 179-193, February.
- Bradley, Richard C., 1983. "Asymptotic normality of some kernel-type estimators of probability density," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(6), pages 295-300, October.
- Mohamed El Machkouri, 2013. "On the asymptotic normality of frequency polygons for strongly mixing spatial processes," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 193-206, October.
- Mohamed El Machkouri, 2011. "Asymptotic normality of the Parzen–Rosenblatt density estimator for strongly mixing random fields," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 73-84, February.
- Nadia Bensaïd & Sophie Dabo-Niang, 2010. "Frequency polygons for continuous random fields," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 55-80, April.
- M. Sköld, 2001. "The Asymptotic Variance of the Continuous-Time Kernel Estimator with Applications to Bandwidth Selection," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 99-117, January.
- Guillou, Armelle & Merlevède, Florence, 2001. "Estimation of the Asymptotic Variance of Kernel Density Estimators for Continuous Time Processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 114-137, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.