Kaplan-Meier Estimator under Association
AbstractConsider a long term study, where a series of possibly censored failure times is observed. Suppose the failure times have a common marginal distribution functionF, but they exhibit a mode of dependence characterized by positive or negative association. Under suitable regularity conditions, it is shown that the Kaplan-Meier estimatorFnofFis uniformly strongly consistent; rates for the convergence are also provided. Similar results are established for the empirical cumulative hazard rate function involved. Furthermore, a stochastic process generated byFnis shown to be weakly convergent to an appropriate Gaussian process. Finally, an estimator of the limiting variance of the Kaplan-Meier estimator is proposed and it is shown to be weakly convergent.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 67 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masry, Elias, 2003. "Local polynomial fitting under association," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 330-359, August.
- Taoufik Bouezmarni & Jeroen V.K. Rombouts, 2006.
"Density and Hazard Rate Estimation for Censored and ?-mixing Data Using Gamma Kernels,"
Cahiers de recherche
06-16, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- BOUEZMARNI, Taoufik & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen V. K., 2006. "Density and hazard rate estimation for censored and a-mixing data using gamma kernels," CORE Discussion Papers 2006118, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Masry, Elias, 2002. "Multivariate probability density estimation for associated processes: strong consistency and rates," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 205-219, June.
- Nikolai Leonenko & Ludmila Sakhno, 2001. "On the Kaplan–Meier Estimator of Long-Range Dependent Sequences," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 17-40, January.
- Guessoum, Zohra & Ould Saïd, Elias & Sadki, Ourida & Tatachak, Abdelkader, 2012. "A note on the Lynden-Bell estimator under association," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(11), pages 1994-2000.
- Cai, Zongwu, 2001. "Estimating a Distribution Function for Censored Time Series Data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 299-318, August.
- Ioannides, D. A. & Roussas, G. G., 1999. "Exponential inequality for associated random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 423-431, May.
- Roussas, George G., 2000. "Asymptotic normality of the kernel estimate of a probability density function under association," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 1-12, October.
- Liang, Han-Ying & Jing, Bing-Yi, 2005. "Asymptotic properties for estimates of nonparametric regression models based on negatively associated sequences," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 227-245, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.