Projection Method for Moment Bounds on Order Statistics from Restricted Families, : II. Independent Case
AbstractThe method of projection, proposed in Part I, is applied to derive sharp moment bounds for the expectations of order statistics based onindependentsamples from restricted families of distributions. Three families are considered: life distributions with decreasing failure density, decreasing failure rate, and symmetric unimodal ones. The respective bounds are also numerically compared with those for general populations in both the dependent and independent cases.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 64 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gajek, Leslaw & Rychlik, Tomasz, 1996. "Projection Method for Moment Bounds on Order Statistics from Restricted Families: I. Dependent Case," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 156-174, April.
- Tomasz Rychlik, 2014. "Non-positive upper bounds on expectations of small order statistics from DDA and DFRA populations," Metrika, Springer, vol. 77(4), pages 539-557, May.
- Danielak, Katarzyna & Rychlik, Tomasz, 2003. "Sharp bounds for expectations of spacings from DDA and DFRA families," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 303-316, December.
- Rychlik, Tomasz, 2009. "Tight evaluations for expectations of small order statistics from symmetric and symmetric unimodal populations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(12), pages 1488-1493, June.
- Okolewski, Andrzej & Rychlik, Tomasz, 2001. "Sharp distribution-free bounds on the bias in estimating quantiles via order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 207-213, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.