Expansion of Perturbed Random Variables Based on Generalized Wiener Functionals
AbstractBy means of the Malliavin calculus, we present an expansion formula for the distribution of a random variableFhaving a stochastic expansionF=F0+R, whereF0is an easily tractable random variable andRis the remainder term. From this result, we derive an expansion of the distribution of the scale mixturesZof a normal random variableZby a scale random variables. Applications to shrinkage estimators of the Stein type are mentioned
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 59 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara, 2009. "Asymptotic Expansion Approaches in Finance: Applications to Currency Options," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-654, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Masayuki Uchida & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2004. "Information Criteria for Small Diffusions via the Theory of Malliavin–Watanabe," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 35-67, March.
- Yuji Sakamoto & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2004. "Asymptotic expansion formulas for functionals of ε-Markov processes with a mixing property," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 56(3), pages 545-597, September.
- Yoshida, Nakahiro, 2003. "Conditional expansions and their applications," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 53-81, September.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara, 2009. "Asymptotic Expansion Approaches in Finance: Applications to Currency Options," CARF F-Series CARF-F-165, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara & Masashi Toda, 2009. "Computation in an Asymptotic Expansion Method," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-621, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Masayuki Uchida & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2004. "Asymptotic Expansion for Small Diffusions Applied to Option Pricing," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 189-223, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.