Expansion of Perturbed Random Variables Based on Generalized Wiener Functionals
AbstractBy means of the Malliavin calculus, we present an expansion formula for the distribution of a random variableFhaving a stochastic expansionF=F0+R, whereF0is an easily tractable random variable andRis the remainder term. From this result, we derive an expansion of the distribution of the scale mixturesZof a normal random variableZby a scale random variables. Applications to shrinkage estimators of the Stein type are mentioned
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 59 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoshida, Nakahiro, 2003. "Conditional expansions and their applications," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 53-81, September.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara, 2009. "Asymptotic Expansion Approaches in Finance: Applications to Currency Options," CARF F-Series CARF-F-165, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Yuji Sakamoto & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2004. "Asymptotic expansion formulas for functionals of ε-Markov processes with a mixing property," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 56(3), pages 545-597, September.
- Masayuki Uchida & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2004. "Information Criteria for Small Diffusions via the Theory of Malliavin–Watanabe," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 35-67, March.
- Masayuki Uchida & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2004. "Asymptotic Expansion for Small Diffusions Applied to Option Pricing," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 189-223, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.