Linkages: A Tool for the Construction of Multivariate Distributions with Given Nonoverlapping Multivariate Marginals
AbstractOne of the most useful tools for handling multivariate distributions with givenunivariatemarginals is the copula function. Using it, any multivariate distribution function can be represented in a way that emphasizes the separate roles of the marginals and of the dependence structure. The goal of the present paper is to introduce an analogous tool, called the linkage function, that can be used for the study of multivariate distributions with givenmultivariatemarginals by emphasizing the separate roles of the dependence structurebetweenthe given multivariate marginals, and the dependence structurewithineach of the nonoverlapping marginals. Preservation of some setwise positive dependence properties, from the linkage functionLto the joint distributionFand vice versa, are studied. When two different distribution functions are associated with the same linkage function (that is, have the same setwise dependence structure) we show that strong stochastic dominance order among the corresponding multivariate marginal distributions implies an overall stochastic dominance between the two underlying distribution functions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 56 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramkishen S. Rejan, 1998. "The Currency And Financial Crisis In Southeast Asia - A Case Of `Sudden Deathã¢Â‚¬Â„¢ Or `Death Foretoldã¢Â‚¬Â„¢," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22381, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Li, Haijun & Scarsini, Marco & Shaked, Moshe, 1999. "Dynamic Linkages for Multivariate Distributions with Given Nonoverlapping Multivariate Marginals," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 54-77, January.
- Sancetta, A., 2005.
"Copula Based Monte Carlo Integration in Financial Problems,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0506, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Alessio Sancetta, 2004. "Copula Based Monte Carlo Integration in Financial Problems," Working Papers wp04-02, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Belzunce, Félix & Ruiz, José M. & Suárez-Llorens, Alfonso, 2008. "On multivariate dispersion orderings based on the standard construction," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 271-281, February.
- Kaiser, Mark S. & Cressie, Noel, 2000. "The Construction of Multivariate Distributions from Markov Random Fields," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 199-220, May.
- Sancetta, A. & Nikanrova, A., 2005. "Forecasting and Prequential Validation for Time Varying Meta-Elliptical Distributions with a Study of Commodity Futures Prices," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0516, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.