Strong Convergence of the Empirical Distribution of Eigenvalues of Large Dimensional Random Matrices
AbstractLet X be n - N containing i.i.d. complex entries with E X11 - EX112 = 1, and T an n - n random Hermitian nonnegative definite, independent of X. Assume, almost surely, as n --> [infinity], the empirical distribution function (e.d.f.) of the eigenvalues of T converges in distribution, and the ratio n/N tends to a positive number. Then it is shown that, almost surely, the e.d.f. of the eigenvalues of (1/N) XX*T converges in distribution. The limit is nonrandom and is characterized in terms of its Stieltjes transform, which satisfies a certain equation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 55 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wenjie Wang, 2012. "Bootstrapping Anderson-Rubin Statistic and J Statistic in Linear IV Models with Many Instruments," KIER Working Papers 810, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Robert, Christian Y. & Rosenbaum, Mathieu, 2010. "On the limiting spectral distribution of the covariance matrices of time-lagged processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(10), pages 2434-2451, November.
- Olivier Ledoit & Michael Wolf, 2013. "Spectrum estimation: a unified framework for covariance matrix estimation and PCA in large dimensions," ECON - Working Papers 105, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Mar 2013.
- Olivier Ledoit & Sandrine Péché, 2009. "Eigenvectors of some large sample covariance matrices ensembles," IEW - Working Papers 407, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Dozier, R. Brent & Silverstein, Jack W., 2007. "On the empirical distribution of eigenvalues of large dimensional information-plus-noise-type matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(4), pages 678-694, April.
- Bai, Z.D. & Miao, Baiqi & Jin, Baisuo, 2007. "On limit theorem for the eigenvalues of product of two random matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 76-101, January.
- Bai, Z.D. & Zhang, L.X., 2010. "The limiting spectral distribution of the product of the Wigner matrix and a nonnegative definite matrix," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(9), pages 1927-1949, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.