Nonparametric Resampling for Homogeneous Strong Mixing Random Fields
AbstractKünsch (1989, Ann. Statist.17 1217-1241) and Liu ane Singh (1992, in Exploring Limits of Bootstrap (R. Le Page and L. Billard, Eds.), pp. 225-248, Wiley, New York) have recently introduced a block resampling method that is successful in deriving consistent bootstrap estimates of distribution and variance for the sample mean of a strong mixing sequence. Raïs and Moore (1990, in Interface '90) and Raïs (1992, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Montreal) extended the results of Künsch and Liu and Singh in the case of the sample mean of a homogeneous strong mixing random field in two dimensions (n = 2). In this paper, the general case (n [set membership, variant] Z+) is considered, and a resampling technique for strong mixing random fields is formulated, which is an extension of the "blocks of blocks" resampling scheme for sequences in Politis and Romano (1992, Ann. Statist.20 (4) 1985-2007). The "blocks of blocks" method can be used to construct asymptotically correct confidence intervals for parameters of the whole (infinite-dimensional) joint distribution of the random field, for example, the spectral density at a point. A variation of the "blocks of blocks" resampling scheme that involves "wrapping" the data around on a torus will also be studied, in view of its property to yield an unbiased bootstrap distribution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 47 (1993)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrick Bajari & Jeremy T. Fox, 2005.
"Measuring the Efficiency of an FCC Spectrum Auction,"
NBER Working Papers
11671, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeremy T. Fox & Patrick Bajari, 2013. "Measuring the Efficiency of an FCC Spectrum Auction," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 100-146, February.
- Carbon, Michel & Tran, Lanh Tat & Wu, Berlin, 1997. "Kernel density estimation for random fields (density estimation for random fields)," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 115-125, December.
- Buhlmann, Peter & Kunsch, Hans R., 1999. "Block length selection in the bootstrap for time series," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 295-310, September.
- Iranpanah, N. & Mohammadzadeh, M. & Taylor, C.C., 2011. "A comparison of block and semi-parametric bootstrap methods for variance estimation in spatial statistics," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 578-587, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.