Multivariate regression estimation with errors-in-variables: Asymptotic normality for mixing processes
AbstractErrors-in-variables regression is the study of the association between covariates and responses where covariates are observed with errors. In this paper, we consider the estimation of multivariate regression functions for dependent data with errors in covariates. Nonparametric deconvolution technique is used to account for errors-in-variables. The asymptotic behavior of regression estimators depends on the smoothness of the error distributions, which are characterized as either ordinarily smooth or super smooth. Asymptotic normality is established for both strongly mixing and [varrho]-mixing processes, when the error distribution function is either ordinarily smooth or super smooth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 43 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oliver Linton & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2000.
"Nonparametric Estimation with Aggregated Data,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
/2000/397, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Oliver Linton & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2002. "Nonparametric estimation with aggregated data," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 320, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oliver Linton & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2000. "Nonparametric estimation with aggregated data," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2092, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Zhou, Yong & Wan, Alan T.K. & Xie, Shangyu & Wang, Xiaojing, 2010. "Wavelet analysis of change-points in a non-parametric regression with heteroscedastic variance," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 159(1), pages 183-201, November.
- Masry, Elias, 2003. "Local polynomial fitting under association," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 330-359, August.
- Masry, Elias & Mielniczuk, Jan, 1999. "Local linear regression estimation for time series with long-range dependence," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 173-193, August.
- Delaigle, Aurore & Fan, Jianqing & Carroll, Raymond J., 2009. "A Design-Adaptive Local Polynomial Estimator for the Errors-in-Variables Problem," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(485), pages 348-359.
- Valentina Corradi & Norman Swanson & Walter Distaso, 2006.
"Predictive Inference for Integrated Volatility,"
Departmental Working Papers
200616, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Norman R. Swanson & Valentina Corradi & Walter Distaso, 2011. "Predictive Inference for Integrated Volatility," Departmental Working Papers 201109, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Norman R. Swanson & Valentina Corradi & Walter Distaso, 2011. "Predictive Inference for Integrated Volatility," Departmental Working Papers 201108, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Ioannides, D. A. & Alevizos, P. D., 1997. "Nonparametric regression with errors in variables and applications," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 35-43, February.
- Delaigle, Aurore & Meister, Alexander, 2007. "Nonparametric Regression Estimation in the Heteroscedastic Errors-in-Variables Problem," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 1416-1426, December.
- Comte, F. & Lacour, C. & Rozenholc, Y., 2010. "Adaptive estimation of the dynamics of a discrete time stochastic volatility model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 154(1), pages 59-73, January.
- Masry, Elias, 2005. "Nonparametric regression estimation for dependent functional data: asymptotic normality," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 155-177, January.
- Masry, Elias, 1996. "Multivariate regression estimation local polynomial fitting for time series," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 81-101, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.