Multivariate arrangement increasing functions with applications in probability and statistics
AbstractA real valued function of s vector arguments in Rn is said to be arrangement increasing if the function increases in value as the components of the vector arguments become more similarly arranged. Various examples of arrangement increasing functions are given including many joint multivariate densities, measures of concordance between judges and the permanent of a matrix with nonnegative components. Preservation properties of the class of arrangement increasing functions are examined, and applications are given including useful probabilistic inequalities for linear combinations of exchangeable random vectors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 25 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Margaret Meyer & Bruno Strulovici, 2013.
"The Supermodular Stochastic Ordering,"
Economics Series Working Papers
655, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Meyer, Margaret A & Strulovici, Bruno, 2013. "The Supermodular Stochastic Ordering," CEPR Discussion Papers 9486, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Margaret Meyer & Bruno Strulovici, 2013. "The Supermodular Stochastic Ordering," Discussion Papers 1563, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- James Foster & Mark McGillivray & Suman Seth, 2011.
"Composite Indices: Rank Robustness, Statistical Association and Redundancy,"
2011-19, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- James E. Foster & Mark McGillivray & Suman Seth, 2013. "Composite Indices: Rank Robustness, Statistical Association, and Redundancy," Econometric Reviews, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 32(1), pages 35-56, January.
- Margaret Meyer & Bruno Strulovici, 2011.
"Increasing Interdependence of Multivariate Distributions,"
1523, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Meyer, Margaret & Strulovici, Bruno, 2012. "Increasing interdependence of multivariate distributions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(4), pages 1460-1489.
- Hennessy, David A., 2000.
"Corporate Spin-Offs, Bankruptcy, Investment, and the Value of Debt,"
Staff General Research Papers
1898, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hennessy, David A., 2000. "Corporate spin-offs, bankruptcy, investment, and the value of debt," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 229-235, October.
- John Quiggin & Robert G. Chambers, 2004.
"Supermodularity and Risk Aversion,"
Risk & Uncertainty Working Papers
WPR04_2, Risk and Sustainable Management Group, University of Queensland.
- Quiggin, John & Chambers, Robert G, 2004. "Supermodularity and Risk Aversion," Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers 151161, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Hennessy, David A., 2006. "A note on cost arrangement and market performance in a multi-product Cournot oligopoly," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 583-591, May.
- Thibault Gajdos & John A. Weymark, 2003.
"Multidimensional generalized Gini indices,"
ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series
16-2003, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Thibault Gadjos & John A, Weymark, 2003. "Multidimensional Generalized Gini Indices," Working Papers 2003-16, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Thibault Gajdos & John A. Weymark, 2003. "Multidimensional Generalized Gini Indices," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0311, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Jul 2003.
- Thibault Gajdos & John Weymark, 2005. "Multidimensional Generalized Gini Indices," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00085881, HAL.
- Alkire, Sabina & Foster, James, 2011.
"Counting and multidimensional poverty measurement,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 476-487, August.
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Hennessy, David A., 2004. "Cost Arrangement and Welfare in a Multi-Product Cournot Oligopoly," Staff General Research Papers 12207, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hennessy, David A., 2003.
"Slaughterhouse Rules: Animal Uniformity and Regulating for Food Safety in Meat Packing,"
Staff General Research Papers
10839, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David A. Hennessy, 2005. "Slaughterhouse Rules: Animal Uniformity and Regulating for Food Safety in Meat Packing," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(3), pages 600-609.
- Croci Angelini, Elisabetta & Michelangeli, Alessandra, 2012. "Axiomatic measurement of multidimensional well-being inequality: Some distributional questions," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 548-557.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.