Probabilities of maximal deviations for nonparametric regression function estimates
AbstractLet (X, Y) have regression function m(x) = E(Y X = x), and let X have a marginal density f1(x). We consider two nonparameteric estimates of m(x): the Watson estimate when f1 is known and the Yang estimate when f1 is known or unknown. For both estimates the asymptotic distribution of the maximal deviation from m(x) is proved, thus extending results of Bickel and Rosenblatt for the estimation of density functions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 12 (1982)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Norberto Rodríguez N. & Patricia Siado C., .
"Un Pronóstico no Paramétrico de la Inflación Colombiana,"
Borradores de Economia
248, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Norberto Rodríguez & Patricia Siado, 2003. "Un Pronóstico No Paramétrico De La Inflación Colombiana," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003691, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Zhao, Zhibiao, 2011. "Nonparametric model validations for hidden Markov models with applications in financial econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 162(2), pages 225-239, June.
- J. Cristóbal & J. Ojeda & J. Alcalá, 2004. "Confidence bands in nonparametric regression with length biased data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 56(3), pages 475-496, September.
- Wolfgang Karl Härdle & Ya'acov Ritov & Weining Wang, 2013. "Tie the straps: uniform bootstrap confidence bands for bounded influence curve estimators," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2013-047, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Hidalgo, J., 2008. "Specification testing for regression models with dependent data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 143-165, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.