Asymptotic distributions of two "synthetic data" estimators for censored single-index models
AbstractThe censored single-index model provides a flexible way for modelling the association between a response and a set of predictor variables when the response variable is randomly censored and the link function is unknown. It presents a technique for "dimension reduction" in semiparametric censored regression models and generalizes the existing accelerated failure time models for survival analysis. This paper proposes two methods for estimation of single-index models with randomly censored samples. We first transform the censored data into synthetic data or pseudo-responses unbiasedly, then obtain estimates of the index coefficients by the rOPG or rMAVE procedures of Xia (2006) . Finally, we estimate the unknown nonparametric link function using techniques for univariate censored nonparametric regression. The estimators for the index coefficients are shown to be root-n consistent and asymptotically normal. In addition, the estimator for the unknown regression function is a local linear kernel regression estimator and can be estimated with the same efficiency as the parameters are known. Monte Carlo simulations are conducted to illustrate the proposed methodologies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2000.
"Nonparametric Censored and Truncated Regression,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1237, Econometric Society.
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2000. "Nonparametric Censored and Truncated Regression," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2000/389, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2000. "Nonparametric Censored and Truncated Regression," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 439, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Lu, Xuewen & Burke, M.D., 2005. "Censored multiple regression by the method of average derivatives," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 182-205, July.
- Zhezhen Jin & D. Y. Lin & Zhiliang Ying, 2006. "On least-squares regression with censored data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 93(1), pages 147-161, March.
- Lai, T. L. & Ying, Z. L. & Zheng, Z. K., 1995. "Asymptotic Normality of a Class of Adaptive Statistics with Applications to Synthetic Data Methods for Censored Regression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 259-279, February.
- Powell, James L & Stock, James H & Stoker, Thomas M, 1989. "Semiparametric Estimation of Index Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1403-30, November.
- repec:wop:humbsf:1994-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Delecroix, Michel & Härdle, Wolfgang & Hristache, Marian, 2003. "Efficient estimation in conditional single-index regression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 213-226, August.
- Cédric Heuchenne & Ingrid Keilegom, 2007. "Polynomial Regression with Censored Data based on Preliminary Nonparametric Estimation," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 59(2), pages 273-297, June.
- Xia, Yingcun, 2006. "Asymptotic Distributions For Two Estimators Of The Single-Index Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(06), pages 1112-1137, December.
- G rgens, Tue, 2004. "Average Derivatives For Hazard Functions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(03), pages 437-463, June.
- Srinivasan, C. & Zhou, M., 1994. "Linear Regression with Censoring," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 179-201, May.
- Lai, Peng & Li, Gaorong & Lian, Heng, 2013. "Semiparametric estimation of fixed effects panel data single-index model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(6), pages 1595-1602.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.