Agglomeration Economies and a Test for Optimal City Sizes in Japan
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of the Japanese and International Economies.
Volume (Year): 10 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Kangoh, 2005. "Land taxation and the Henry George theorem under uncertainty," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 11-23, July.
- Kosei Fukuda, 2012. "Population growth and local public finance in Japanese cities," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(15), pages 1941-1949, May.
- Masamichi Kawano, 2012. "Henry George Theorem in a Dynamic Framework without Accumulation of Public Goods," Discussion Paper Series 92, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Aug 2012.
- Behrens, Kristian & Murata, Yasusada, 2009.
"City size and the Henry George Theorem under monopolistic competition,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 228-235, March.
- Kristian Behrens & Yasusada Murata, 2008. "City Size and the Henry George Theorem under Monopolistic Competition," Cahiers de recherche 0834, CIRPEE.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & MURATA, Yasusada, 2007. "City size and the Henry George theorem under monopolistic competition," CORE Discussion Papers 2007063, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Junius, Karsten, 1997. "Economies of scale: A survey of the empirical literature," Kiel Working Papers 813, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi, 2012. "Estimating Urban Agglomeration Economies for India: A New Economic Geography Perspective," MPRA Paper 43501, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roland Andersson & Bo Söderberg, 2012. "Financing roads and railways with decentralized real estate taxes: the case of Sweden," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 839-853, June.
- Fumitoshi Mizutani & Tomoyasu Tanaka & Noriyoshi Nakayama, 2012. "Estimation of Optimal Metropolitan Size in Japan with Consideration of Social Costs," Discussion Papers 2012-19, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Nakagawa, Masayuki & Saito, Makoto & Yamaga, Hisaki, 2007. "Earthquake risk and housing rents: Evidence from the Tokyo Metropolitan Area," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 87-99, January.
- Zheng, Xiao-Ping, 2001. "Determinants of agglomeration economies and diseconomies: : empirical evidence from Tokyo," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 131-144.
- Behrens, Kristian & Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu & Murata, Yasusada, 2010.
"The Henry George Theorem in a second-best world,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8120, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tabuchi, Takatoshi & Yoshida, Atsushi, 2000. "Separating Urban Agglomeration Economies in Consumption and Production," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 70-84, July.
- Flüchter, Winfried, 1997. "Tôkyô quo vadis? Chancen und Grenzen (?) metropolitanen Wachstums," Duisburger Arbeitspapiere Ostasienwissenschaften 15/1997, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of East Asian Studies IN-EAST.
- Hitzschke, Stephan, 2011. "The Optimal Size of German Cities An Efficiency Analysis Perspective," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 50741, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Klimenko, Mikhail M., 2004. "Competition, matching, and geographical clustering at early stages of the industry life cycle," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 177-195.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2008.
"Economies of Density and Productivity in Service Industries: An Analysis of Personal-Service Industries Based on Establishment-Level Data,"
08023, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Masayuki Morikawa, 2011. "Economies of Density and Productivity in Service Industries: An Analysis of Personal Service Industries Based on Establishment-Level Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 179-192, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.