Stock return variation and expected dividends : A time-series and cross-sectional analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 31 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ball, Ray & Kothari, S. P. & Shanken, Jay, 1995. "Problems in measuring portfolio performance An application to contrarian investment strategies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 79-107, May.
- Wan Mahmood, Wan Mansor & Abdul Fatah, Faizatul Syuhada, 2007. "Multivariate Causal Estimates of Dividend Yields, Price Earning Ratio and Expected Stock Returns: Experience from Malaysia," MPRA Paper 14614, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hirshleifer, David & Hou, Kewei & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2009. "Accruals, cash flows, and aggregate stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 389-406, March.
- Hirshleifer, David & Hou, Kewei & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2007. "Accruals and Aggregate Stock Market Returns," MPRA Paper 5197, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kothari, S. P. & Shanken, Jay, 1997. "Book-to-market, dividend yield, and expected market returns: A time-series analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 169-203, May.
- Kwame Addae-Dapaah & James Webb & Kim Ho & Yan Tan, 2010. "Industrial Real Estate Investment: Does the Contrarian Strategy Work?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 193-227, August.
- Nico Valckx, 2004. "The decomposition of US and Euro area stock and bond returns and their sensitivity to economic state variables," European Journal of Finance, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 149-173.
- Peter Hecht & Tuomo Vuolteenaho, 2005. "Explaining Returns with Cash-Flow Proxies," NBER Working Papers 11169, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adelegan, Olatundun, 2006. "Effects of taxes financing decisions and firm value in Nigeria," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006 1, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Jiang, Xiaoquan & Lee, Bong-Soo, 2007. "Stock returns, dividend yield, and book-to-market ratio," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 455-475, February.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Xia, Yihong, 2001. "Stock price volatility and equity premium," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 249-283, April.
- Tsangyao Chang & Wen-Yi Chen & Rangan Gupta & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2013.
"Are Stock Prices Related to Political Uncertainty Index in OECD Countries? Evidence from Bootstrap Panel Causality Test,"
36, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Tsangyao Chang & Wen-Yi Chen & Rangan Gupta & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2013. "Are Stock Prices Related to Political Uncertainty Index in OECD Countries? Evidence from Bootstrap Panel Causality Test," Working Papers 201360, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Gai, Prasanna & Vause, Nicholas, 2005. "Measuring Investors' Risk Appetite," MPRA Paper 818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jones, Steven L. & Yeoman, John C., 2012. "Bias in estimating the systematic risk of extreme performers: Implications for financial analysis, the leverage effect, and long-run reversals," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-21.
- Osman Karamustafa & Yakup Kucukkale, 2003. "Long Run Relationships between Stock Market Returns and Macroeconomic Performance: Evidence from Turkey," Finance 0309010, EconWPA.
- Jagannathan, Murali & Stephens, Clifford P. & Weisbach, Michael S., 2000. "Financial flexibility and the choice between dividends and stock repurchases," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 355-384, September.
- Ralph S.J. Koijen & Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh, 2010.
"Predictability of Returns and Cash Flows,"
NBER Working Papers
16648, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prasanna Gai & Nicholas Vause, 2005. "Measuring investors' risk appetite," Bank of England working papers 283, Bank of England.
- Woo-Jong Lee, 2011. "Managerial entrenchment and the value of dividends," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 297-322, February.
- Castrén, Olli & Fitzpatrick, Trevor & Sydow, Matthias, 2006. "What drives EU banks’ stock returns? Bank-level evidence using the dynamic dividend-discount model," Working Paper Series 0677, European Central Bank.
- Luo, Shuqing & Courtenay, Stephen M. & Hossain, Mahmud, 2006. "The effect of voluntary disclosure, ownership structure and proprietary cost on the return-future earnings relation," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 501-521, November.
- Boguth, Oliver & Carlson, Murray & Fisher, Adlai & Simutin, Mikhail, 2011. "Conditional risk and performance evaluation: Volatility timing, overconditioning, and new estimates of momentum alphas," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 363-389.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.