Proxy contests and the governance of publicly held corporations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco Becht & Patrick Bolton & Ailsa Röell, 2003.
"Corporate governance and control,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/13330, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michel Albouy & Alain Schatt, 2004.
"Les prises de contrôle par les actionnaires contestataires:le cas André,"
Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie,
revues.org, vol. 7(2), pages 33-65, June.
- Michel Albouy & Alain Schatt, 2004. "Les prises de contrôle par les actionnaires contestataires:le cas André," Working Papers CREGO 1040402, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Hadem, Michael, 2010. "Bedingungen und Konsequenzen des Wechsels von Finanzvorständen - Eine Analyse in großen börsennotierten Unternehmen," EconStor Theses, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, number 43681.
- Denis, David J. & Serrano, Jan M., 1996. "Active investors and management turnover following unsuccessful control contests," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 239-266, February.
- Ning Gao & Jason Everett Brooks, 2010. "Capital structure and outcome of proxy contest targets: An empirical study," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(4), pages 294-321, April.
- Foley, Maggie & Cebula, Richard & Houmes, Robert, 2014. "Contesting Corporate Control in the U.S.: The Role of Ownership Structure and the Anti-takeover Measure," MPRA Paper 55428, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roberta Romano, 2002. "Does Confidential Proxy Voting Matter?," NBER Working Papers 9126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Neumann & Torben Voetmann, 2005. "Top executive turnovers: Separating decision and control rights," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 25-37.
- Beck, John C. & Larsen, Alan B. & Pinegar, J. Michael, 1996. "The wealth effects of non-equity alliances The U.S.-Japanese licensing experience," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 393-408, December.
- Denis, Diane K. & Shome, Dilip K., 2005. "An empirical investigation of corporate asset downsizing," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 427-448, June.
- Arena, Matteo P. & Ferris, Stephen P., 2007. "When managers bypass shareholder approval of board appointments: Evidence from the private security market," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 485-510, September.
- Roberta Romano, 2002. "Does Confidential Proxy Voting Matter?," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm300, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Feb 2003.
- Rosenstein, Stuart & Wyatt, Jeffrey G., 1997. "Inside directors, board effectiveness, and shareholder wealth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 229-250, May.
- Jean-Sebastien Lantz & Sophie Montandrau & Jean-Michel Sahut, 2014. "Activism of Institutional Investors, Corporate Governance Alerts and Financial Performance," Working Papers 2014-353, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Cai, Jay & Garner, Jacqueline L. & Walkling, Ralph A., 2013. "A paper tiger? An empirical analysis of majority voting," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 119-135.
- Michael J. Fleming, 1995. "New evidence on the effectiveness of the proxy mechanism," Research Paper 9503, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Guercio, Diane Del & Hawkins, Jennifer, 1999. "The motivation and impact of pension fund activism," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 293-340, June.
- Bendeck, Yvette M. & Waller, Edward R., 1999. "The Wealth Effects of Non-Senior Management Departures from Investment Banks," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 95-105, September.
- Choi, Stephen J., 2000. "Proxy Issue Proposals: Impact of the 1992 Proxy SEC Proxy Reforms," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt6g6118kk, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Romano, Roberta, 2002. "Does Confidential Proxy Voting Matter?," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt9z88z4th, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.