Proxy contests and the governance of publicly held corporations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Choi, Stephen J., 2000. "Proxy Issue Proposals: Impact of the 1992 Proxy SEC Proxy Reforms," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt6g6118kk, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Cai, Jay & Garner, Jacqueline L. & Walkling, Ralph A., 2013. "A paper tiger? An empirical analysis of majority voting," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 119-135.
- Rosenstein, Stuart & Wyatt, Jeffrey G., 1997. "Inside directors, board effectiveness, and shareholder wealth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 229-250, May.
- Arena, Matteo P. & Ferris, Stephen P., 2007. "When managers bypass shareholder approval of board appointments: Evidence from the private security market," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 485-510, September.
- Guercio, Diane Del & Hawkins, Jennifer, 1999. "The motivation and impact of pension fund activism," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 293-340, June.
- Beck, John C. & Larsen, Alan B. & Pinegar, J. Michael, 1996. "The wealth effects of non-equity alliances The U.S.-Japanese licensing experience," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 393-408, December.
- Robert Neumann & Torben Voetmann, 2005. "Top executive turnovers: Separating decision and control rights," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 25-37.
- Hadem, Michael, 2010. "Bedingungen und Konsequenzen des Wechsels von Finanzvorständen - Eine Analyse in großen börsennotierten Unternehmen," EconStor Theses, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, number 43681.
- Bendeck, Yvette M. & Waller, Edward R., 1999. "The Wealth Effects of Non-Senior Management Departures from Investment Banks," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 95-105, September.
- Roberta Romano, 2002. "Does Confidential Proxy Voting Matter?," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm300, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Feb 2003.
- Michael J. Fleming, 1995. "New evidence on the effectiveness of the proxy mechanism," Research Paper 9503, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Romano, Roberta, 2002. "Does Confidential Proxy Voting Matter?," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt9z88z4th, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Roberta Romano, 2002. "Does Confidential Proxy Voting Matter?," NBER Working Papers 9126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ning Gao & Jason Everett Brooks, 2010. "Capital structure and outcome of proxy contest targets: An empirical study," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(4), pages 294-321, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.