Tax attributes as determinants of shareholder gains in corporate acquisitions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Weitzel, Utz & Kling, Gerhard, 2012. "Sold below value? Why some targets accept very low and even negative takeover premiums," MPRA Paper 42832, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shackelford, Douglas A. & Shevlin, Terry, 2001. "Empirical tax research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 321-387, September.
- Kiymaz, Halil, 2004. "Cross-border acquisitions of US financial institutions: Impact of macroeconomic factors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1413-1439, June.
- Churyk, Natalie Tatiana, 2005. "Reporting goodwill: are the new accounting standards consistent with market valuations?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1353-1361, October.
- Schön, Benjamin & Pyka, Andreas, 2013. "The success factors of technology-sourcing through mergers & acquisitions: An intuitive meta-analysis," FZID Discussion Papers 78-2013, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Hanlon, Michelle & Heitzman, Shane, 2010. "A review of tax research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 127-178, December.
- Eckbo, B. Espen, 2009. "Bidding strategies and takeover premiums: A review," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 149-178, February.
- James R. Hines, Jr., 2009.
"Income Misattribution under Formula Apportionment,"
NBER Working Papers
15185, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 2001.
"Taxation and Corporate Financial Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
8203, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ghosh, Aloke & Jain, Prem C., 2000. "Financial leverage changes associated with corporate mergers," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 377-402, December.
- Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Sun , Xian, 2012. "Home preference at selecting financial advisors in cross-border M&As," Research Discussion Papers 31/2012, Bank of Finland.
- Sudip Ghosh & Christine Harrington & Walter Smith, 2011. "Do windfall non-debt tax shields from acquisitions affect corporate debt issues?," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(6), pages 537-552, June.
- Lang, Mark H. & Shackelford, Douglas A., 2000.
"Capitalization of capital gains taxes: evidence from stock price reactions to the 1997 rate reduction,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 69-85, April.
- Mark H. Lang & Douglas A. Shackelford, 1999. "Capitalization of Capital Gains Taxes: Evidence from Stock Price Reactions to the 1997 Rate Reduction," NBER Working Papers 6885, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C. Fritz Foley & Jay C. Hartzell & Sheridan Titman & Garry Twite, 2006.
"Why do firms hold so much cash? A tax-based explanation,"
NBER Working Papers
12649, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fritz Foley, C. & Hartzell, Jay C. & Titman, Sheridan & Twite, Garry, 2007. "Why do firms hold so much cash? A tax-based explanation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 579-607, December.
- Yagil, Joseph, 1996. "Mergers and macro-economic factors," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 181-190.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.