Tax attributes as determinants of shareholder gains in corporate acquisitions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark H. Lang & Douglas A. Shackelford, 1999.
"Capitalization of Capital Gains Taxes: Evidence from Stock Price Reactions to the 1997 Rate Reduction,"
NBER Working Papers
6885, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lang, Mark H. & Shackelford, Douglas A., 2000. "Capitalization of capital gains taxes: evidence from stock price reactions to the 1997 rate reduction," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 69-85, April.
- Sudip Ghosh & Christine Harrington & Walter Smith, 2011. "Do windfall non-debt tax shields from acquisitions affect corporate debt issues?," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(6), pages 537-552, June.
- Auerbach, Alan J., 2002.
"Taxation and corporate financial policy,"
Handbook of Public Economics,
in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 19, pages 1251-1292
- Eckbo, B. Espen, 2009. "Bidding strategies and takeover premiums: A review," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 149-178, February.
- Hines Jr., James R., 2010.
"Income misattribution under formula apportionment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 108-120, January.
- Ghosh, Aloke & Jain, Prem C., 2000. "Financial leverage changes associated with corporate mergers," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 377-402, December.
- Churyk, Natalie Tatiana, 2005. "Reporting goodwill: are the new accounting standards consistent with market valuations?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1353-1361, October.
- Yagil, Joseph, 1996. "Mergers and macro-economic factors," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 181-190.
- Schön, Benjamin & Pyka, Andreas, 2013. "The success factors of technology-sourcing through mergers & acquisitions: An intuitive meta-analysis," FZID Discussion Papers 78-2013, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- C. Fritz Foley & Jay C. Hartzell & Sheridan Titman & Garry Twite, 2006.
"Why do firms hold so much cash? A tax-based explanation,"
NBER Working Papers
12649, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fritz Foley, C. & Hartzell, Jay C. & Titman, Sheridan & Twite, Garry, 2007. "Why do firms hold so much cash? A tax-based explanation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 579-607, December.
- Kiymaz, Halil, 2004. "Cross-border acquisitions of US financial institutions: Impact of macroeconomic factors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1413-1439, June.
- Hanlon, Michelle & Heitzman, Shane, 2010. "A review of tax research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 127-178, December.
- Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Sun , Xian, 2012. "Home preference at selecting financial advisors in cross-border M&As," Research Discussion Papers 31/2012, Bank of Finland.
- Shackelford, Douglas A. & Shevlin, Terry, 2001. "Empirical tax research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 321-387, September.
- Weitzel, Utz & Kling, Gerhard, 2012. "Sold below value? Why some targets accept very low and even negative takeover premiums," MPRA Paper 42832, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.