Dividends, taxes, and common stock prices : The ex-dividend day behavior of common stock prices before the income tax
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (1987)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlos Martins, 2007. "Consistency of Dividend Signalling and Future Maturity Level:Evidence from UK Data," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 40, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
- Harris, Trevor S. & Hubbard, R. Glenn & Kemsley, Deen, 2001. "The share price effects of dividend taxes and tax imputation credits," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 569-596, March.
- Hanlon, Michelle & Heitzman, Shane, 2010. "A review of tax research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 127-178, December.
- John H. Boyd & Ravi Jagannathan, 1994.
"Ex-dividend price behavior of common stocks,"
500, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Pontiff, Jeffrey, 1995. "Closed-end fund premia and returns Implications for financial market equilibrium," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 341-370, March.
- Liljeblom, Eva & Loflund, Anders & Hedvall, Kaj, 2001. "Foreign and domestic investors and tax induced ex-dividend day trading," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1687-1716, September.
- Lee, Yi-Tsung & Liu, Yu-Jane & Roll, Richard & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2006. "Taxes and dividend clientele: Evidence from trading and ownership structure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 229-246, January.
- Trevor S. Harris & R. Glenn Hubbard & Deen Kemsley, 1999.
"The Share Price Effects of Dividend Taxes and Tax Imputation Credits,"
NBER Working Papers
7445, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harris, T.S. & Glenn Hubbard, R. & Kemsley, D., 2000. "The Share Price Effects of Dividend Taxes and Tax Imputation Credits," Papers 00-02, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Florentsen, Bjarne & Rydqvist, Kristian, 2002. "Ex-Day Behavior When Investors and Professional Traders Assume Reverse Roles: The Case of Danish Lottery Bonds," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 152-175, April.
- Milonas, Nikolaos T. & Travlos, Nickolaos G. & Xiao, Jason Zezhong & Tan, Cunkai, 2006. "The ex-dividend day stock price behavior in the Chinese stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 155-174, April.
- Sorjonen, Pasi, 2002. "Ex-Dividend Day Behavior of Stock Prices in Finland in 1989-90 and 1993-97," Discussion Papers 674, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Kadapakkam, Palani-Rajan & Martinez, Valeria, 2008. "Ex-dividend returns: The Mexican puzzle," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2453-2461, November.
- Bali, Rakesh & Hite, Gailen L., 1998. "Ex dividend day stock price behavior: discreteness or tax-induced clienteles?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 127-159, February.
- Sorjonen, Pasi, 2002. "Ex-Dividend Day Stock Returns and Tick Rules," Discussion Papers 675, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Sorjonen, Pasi, 2002. "Ex-Dividend Day Stock Price Behavior, Taxes and Discrete Prices; A Simulation Experiment," Discussion Papers 676, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Raj Chetty & Joseph Rosenberg & Emmanuel Saez, 2005. "The Effects of Taxes on Market Responses to Dividend Announcements and Payments: What Can we Learn from the 2003 Dividend Tax Cut?," NBER Working Papers 11452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.