A Simple Characterization of Plurality Rule
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 71 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eliora Hout & Harrie Swart & Annemarie Veer, 2006. "Characteristic properties of list proportional representation systems," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 459-475, December.
- Alcalde-Unzu, Jorge & Vorsatz, Marc, 2009.
"Size approval voting,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 144(3), pages 1187-1210, May.
- Jorge Alcalde-Unzu & Marc Vorsatz, 2007. "Size Approval Voting," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de EconomÃa - Universidad PÃºblica de Navarra 0703, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Alcalde-Unzu, Jorge & Vorsatz, Marc, 2007. "Size Approval Voting," Research Memorandum 008, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Yeh, Chun-Hsien, 2006. "Reduction-consistency in collective choice problems," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 637-652, September.
- Robert E. Goodin & Christian List, 2004. "Unique Virtues of Plurality Rule: Generalizing May's Theorem," Public Economics 0409010, EconWPA, revised 22 Dec 2005.
- Fey, Mark, 2004. "Group support and top-heavy rules," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 255-259, August.
- Eyal Baharad & Shmuel Nitzan, 2007. "Scoring rules: an alternative parameterization," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 187-190, January.
- Alcalde-Unzu, Jorge & Vorsatz, Marc, 2014.
"Non-anonymous ballot aggregation: An axiomatic generalization of Approval Voting,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 69-78.
- Jorge Alcalde-Unzu & Marc Vorsat, 2011. "Non-anonymous ballot aggregation: an axiomatic generalization of Approval Voting," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de EconomÃa - Universidad PÃºblica de Navarra 1103, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Sato, Shin, 2009. "Informational requirements of social choice rules," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 188-198, March.
- Biung-Ghi Ju, 2005.
"A Characterization of Plurality-Like Rules Based on Non-Manipulability, Restricted Efficiency, and Anonymity,"
WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS
200509, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2005.
- Biung-Ghi Ju, 2005. "A characterization of plurality-like rules based on non-manipulability, restricted efficiency, and anonymity," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 335-354, 09.
- José García-Lapresta & A. Marley & Miguel Martínez-Panero, 2010. "Characterizing best–worst voting systems in the scoring context," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 487-496, March.
- Pivato, Marcus, 2013.
"Variable-population voting rules,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 210-221.
- Sekiguchi, Yohei, 2012. "A characterization of the plurality rule," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 330-332.
- Yohei Sekiguchi, 2012. "A Characterization of the Plurality Rule," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-833, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Andrei Gomberg, 2011. "Vote Revelation: Empirical Characterization of Scoring Rules," Working Papers 1102, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.