Condorcet's principle implies the no show paradox
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 45 (1988)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Green-Armytage, James, 2011. "Strategic voting and nomination," MPRA Paper 32200, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dan Felsenthal & Nicolaus Tideman, 2013. "Varieties of failure of monotonicity and participation under five voting methods," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 75(1), pages 59-77, July.
- Stefano Vannucci, 2006. "The Proportional Lottery Protocol is Strongly Participatory and VNM-Strategy-Proof," Department of Economics University of Siena 490, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Bochet, Olivier & Gordon, Sidartha, 2012.
"Priorities in the location of multiple public facilities,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 52-67.
- BOCHET, Olivier & GORDON, Sidartha, 2008. "Priorities in the Location of Multiple Public Facilities," Cahiers de recherche 07-2008, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Olivier Bochet & Sidartha Gordon, 2008. "Priorities in the Location of Multiple Public Facilities," Diskussionsschriften dp0902, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- BOCHET, Olivier & GORDON, Sidartha, 2008. "Priorities in the Location of Multiple Public Facilities," Cahiers de recherche 2008-07, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Truchon, M., 1996.
"La democratie: oui, mais laquelle?,"
9610, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Hannu Nurmi, 2010. "Voting Weights or Agenda Control: Which One Really Matters?," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 4(1), pages 005-017, March.
- Eichner, Thomas, 2004. "Voting Procedures Under Uncertainty: By Nurmi, H., 155 pp., Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York, 2002, Hardcover, Euro 54.95," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 283-285, March.
- Bilge Yilmaz & Murat R. Sertel, 1999. "The majoritarian compromise is majoritarian-optimal and subgame-perfect implementable," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 615-627.
- Hannu Nurmi, 2004. "Monotonicity and its Cognates in the Theory of Choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 121(1), pages 25-49, October.
- Jimeno, José L. & García, Estefanía & Pérez, Joaquín, 2011. "Extensions of the Young and Levenglick result about the inconsistency of Condorcet voting correspondences," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 25-27, July.
- Hannu Nurmi & Hannu Salonen, 2008. "More Borda Count Variations for Project Assesment," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 2(2), pages 109-122, September.
- Yilmaz, Mustafa R., 1999. "Can we improve upon approval voting?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 89-100, March.
- Joaquin Perez, 1995. "Incidence of no-show paradoxes in Condorcet choice functions," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 19(1), pages 139-154, January.
- Conal Duddy, 2014. "Condorcet’s principle and the strong no-show paradoxes," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 77(2), pages 275-285, August.
- Eivind Stensholt, 2013. "What shall we do with the cyclic profile?," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 229-262, January.
- Duddy, Conal, 2012. "Condorcet's principle and the strong no-show paradoxes," MPRA Paper 41527, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hannu Nurmi, 2007. "Assessing Borda's Rule and Its Modifications," Discussion Papers 15, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- M. Sanver & William Zwicker, 2012. "Monotonicity properties and their adaptation to irresolute social choice rules," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 371-398, July.
- Participation criterion in Wikipedia English ne '')
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.