Debit, credit, or cash: survey evidence on gasoline purchases
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economics and Business.
Volume (Year): 51 (1999)
Issue (Month): 5 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John V. Duca & William C. Whitesell, 1991.
"Credit cards and money demand: a cross-sectional study,"
9112, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Duca, John V & Whitesell, William C, 1995. "Credit Cards and Money Demand: A Cross-sectional Study," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 604-23, May.
- John P. Caskey & Gordon H. Sellon, Jr., 1994. "Is the debit card revolution finally here?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 79-95.
- Lydia L. Gan & Ramin C. Maysami & Hian Chye Koh, 2005. "Profiles, Use, and Perceptions of Singapore Multiple Credit Cardholders," Economic Growth centre Working Paper Series 0513, Nanyang Technolgical University, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Economic Growth centre.
- Kahn, Charles M. & Roberds, William, 2009. "Why pay? An introduction to payments economics," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Hayashi Fumiko & Klee Elizabeth, 2003.
"Technology Adoption and Consumer Payments: Evidence from Survey Data,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-16, June.
- Fumiko Hayashi & Elizabeth Klee, 2002. "Technology adoption and consumer payments : evidence from survey data," Payments System Research Working Paper PSR WP 02-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Kenneth Carow & Michael Staten, 2002. "Plastic choices: Consumer usage of bank cards versus proprietary credit cards," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 216-232, June.
- Bos, Jaap W.B. & Kolari, James W. & van Lamoen, Ryan C.R., 2013.
"Competition and innovation: Evidence from financial services,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1590-1601.
- J.W.B. Bos & J. Kolari & R. van Lamoen, 2009. "Competition and innovation: evidence from financial services," Working Papers 09-16, Utrecht School of Economics.
- John Bagnall & David Bounie & Kim P. Huynh & Anneke Kosse & Tobias Schmidt & Scott Schuh & Helmut Stix, 2014.
"Consumer Cash Usage: A Cross-Country Comparison with Payment Diary Survey Data,"
192, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- John Bagnall & David Bounie & Kim Huynh & Anneke Kosse & Tobias Schmidt & Scott Schuh & Helmut Stix, 2014. "Consumer Cash Usage: A Cross-Country Comparison with Payment Diary Survey Data," Working Papers 14-20, Bank of Canada.
- John Bagnall & David Bounie & Kim Huynh & Anneke Kosse & Tobias Schmidt & Scott Schuh & Helmut Stix, 2014. "Consumer cash usage: A cross-country comparison with payment diary survey data," DNB Working Papers 422, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Carbó-Valverde, Santiago & Liñares-Zegarra, José M., 2011.
"How effective are rewards programs in promoting payment card usage? Empirical evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 3275-3291.
- Carbó Valverde Santiago & Liñares-Zegarra José Manuel, 2009. "How Effective Are Rewards Programs in Promoting Payment Card Usage? Empirical Evidence," Working Papers 201059, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Carbó-Valverde, Santiago & Liñares-Zegarra, José M., 2009. "How effective are rewards programs in promoting payment card usage? Empirical evidence," Working Paper Series 1141, European Central Bank.
- Brian Mantel & Timothy McHugh, 2001. "Competition and innovation in the consumer e-payments market? considering the demand, supply, and public policy issues," Occasional Paper; Emerging Payments EPS-2001-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Schuh, Scott & Stavins, Joanna, 2010. "Why are (some) consumers (finally) writing fewer checks? The role of payment characteristics," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1745-1758, August.
- Jonathan Zinman, 2004. "Why use debit instead of credit? Consumer choice in a trillion-dollar market," Staff Reports 191, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Ron Borzekowski & Elizabeth K. Kiser, 2006.
"The choice at the checkout: quantifying demand across payment instruments,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2006-17, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Borzekowski, Ron & Kiser, Elizabeth K., 2008. "The choice at the checkout: Quantifying demand across payment instruments," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 889-902, July.
- Brian Mantel, 2000. "Why don't consumers use electronic banking products? towards a theory of obstacles, incentives, and opportunities," Occasional Paper; Emerging Payments EPS-2000-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Brian Mantel, 2000. "Why do consumers pay bills electronically? an empirical analysis," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q IV, pages 32-48.
- Joanna Stavins, 2002. "Effect of consumer characteristics on the use of payment instruments," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Q 3, pages 19-31.
- Ron Borzekowski & Elizabeth K. Kiser & Shaista Ahmed, 2006.
"Consumers' use of debit cards: patterns, preferences, and price response,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2006-16, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ron Borzekowski & K. Kiser Elizabeth & Ahmed Shaista, 2008. "Consumers' Use of Debit Cards: Patterns, Preferences, and Price Response," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(1), pages 149-172, 02.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.