Polish Bank Consolidation and Foreign Competition: Creating a Market-Oriented Banking Sector
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Comparative Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lukasz Konopielko, 1999. "Foreign Banks' Entry into Central and East European Markets: Motives and Activities," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 463-485.
- Kutan, Ali M. & Brada, Josef C., 1999.
"The evolution of monetary policy in transition economies,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 19-1999, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies, University of Bonn.
- Ali M. Kutan & Josef C. Brada, 2000. "The evolution of monetary policy in transition economies," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 31-40.
- Bonin, John P., 2004. "Banking in the Balkans: the structure of banking sectors in Southeast Europe," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 141-153, June.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2004.
"Bank performance, efficiency and ownership in transitition countries,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
7/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2005. "Bank performance, efficiency and ownership in transition countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 31-53, January.
- John P. Bonin, 2001. "Financial Intermediation in Southeast Europe: Banking On the Balkans," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 006, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Oluwarotimi Owolabi & Sarmistha Pal, 2009. "The Value of Business Networks; an Analysis of Firm Financing in Transition Economies," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 09-01, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Aneta Hryckiewicz & Oskar Kowalewski, 2008. "The Economic Determinants and Engagement Models of Foreign Banks in Central Europe," National Bank of Poland Working Papers 50, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute.
- Ko TAKATA, 2005. "Evolution of Banking Sector Structures within Central-European Countries during Transition," The Journal of Comparative Economic Studies (JCES), The Japanese Society for Comparative Economic Studies (JSCES), vol. 1, pages 103-136, July.
- Konopielko, Lukasz, 1997. "A Note on Polish Bank Consolidation," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 441-447, December.
- John P. Bonin & Bozena Leven, 2000. "Can Banks Promote Enterprise Restructuring?: Evidence From a Polish Bank's Experience," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 294, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni & Marquez, Robert, 2004. "Information and bank credit allocation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 185-214, April.
- Bonin, John & Wachtel, Paul, 2002. "Financial sector development in transition economies: Lessons from the first decade," BOFIT Discussion Papers 9/2002, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.