Optimal life insurance purchase and consumption/investment under uncertain lifetime
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 31 (2007)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leung, Siu Fai, 1994.
"Uncertain Lifetime, the Theory of the Consumer, and the Life Cycle Hypothesis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1233-39, September.
- Leung, S.F., 1992. "Uncertain Lifetime, the Theory of the Consumer, and the Life Cycle Hypothesis," RCER Working Papers 323, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Richard, Scott F., 1975. "Optimal consumption, portfolio and life insurance rules for an uncertain lived individual in a continuous time model," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 187-203, June.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Campbell, Ritchie A, 1980. " The Demand for Life Insurance: An Application of the Economics of Uncertainty," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(5), pages 1155-72, December.
- Merton, Robert C, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection under Uncertainty: The Continuous-Time Case," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 247-57, August.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1973. "A Life Cycle Model of Life Insurance Purchases," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(1), pages 132-52, February.
- Lewis, Frank D, 1989. "Dependents and the Demand for Life Insurance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 452-67, June.
- I. Duarte & Diogo Pinheiro & Alberto A. Pinto & S. R. Pliska, 2011.
"Optimal life insurance purchase, consumption and investment on a financial market with multi-dimensional diffusive terms,"
CEMAPRE Working Papers
1102, Centre for Applied Mathematics and Economics (CEMAPRE), School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon.
- I. Duarte & D. Pinheiro & A. A. Pinto & S. R. Pliska, 2011. "Optimal Life Insurance Purchase, Consumption and Investment on a financial market with multi-dimensional diffusive terms," Papers 1102.2263, arXiv.org.
- Huang, Huaxiong & Milevsky, Moshe A., 2008. "Portfolio choice and mortality-contingent claims: The general HARA case," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2444-2452, November.
- Kwak, Minsuk & Shin, Yong Hyun & Choi, U Jin, 2011. "Optimal investment and consumption decision of a family with life insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 176-188, March.
- Grant, Charles, 2010. "Evidence on the insurance effect of bankruptcy exemptions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2247-2254, September.
- Marín-Solano, Jesús & Navas, Jorge & Roch, Oriol, 2013. "Non-constant discounting and consumption, portfolio and life insurance rules," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 186-190.
- Yao, Haixiang & Lai, Yongzeng & Ma, Qinghua & Jian, Minjie, 2014. "Asset allocation for a DC pension fund with stochastic income and mortality risk: A multi-period mean–variance framework," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 84-92.
- Cai, Jun & Ge, Chenliang, 2012. "Multi-objective private wealth allocation without subportfolios," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 900-907.
- Kraft, Holger & Schendel, Lorenz S. & Steffensen, Mogens, 2014. "Life insurance demand under health shock risk," SAFE Working Paper Series 40, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Albert de-Paz & Jesus Marin-Solano & Jorge Navas & Oriol Roch, 2012.
"Consumption, investment and life insurance strategies with heterogeneous discounting,"
Working Papers in Economics
277, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- de-Paz, Albert & Marín-Solano, Jesús & Navas, Jorge & Roch, Oriol, 2014. "Consumption, investment and life insurance strategies with heterogeneous discounting," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 66-75.
- Pirvu, Traian A. & Zhang, Huayue, 2012. "Optimal investment, consumption and life insurance under mean-reverting returns: The complete market solution," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 303-309.
- Zeng, Yan & Wu, Huiling & Lai, Yongzeng, 2013. "Optimal investment and consumption strategies with state-dependent utility functions and uncertain time-horizon," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 462-470.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia R. Young, 2012. "Life Insurance Purchasing to Maximize Utility of Household Consumption," Papers 1205.5958, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2013.
- Schendel, Lorenz S., 2014. "Consumption-investment problems with stochastic mortality risk," SAFE Working Paper Series 43, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.