Optimal life insurance purchase and consumption/investment under uncertain lifetime
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 31 (2007)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Campbell, Ritchie A, 1980. " The Demand for Life Insurance: An Application of the Economics of Uncertainty," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(5), pages 1155-72, December.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1973. "A Life Cycle Model of Life Insurance Purchases," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(1), pages 132-52, February.
- R. C. Merton, 1970.
"Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model,"
58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971. "Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- Richard, Scott F., 1975. "Optimal consumption, portfolio and life insurance rules for an uncertain lived individual in a continuous time model," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 187-203, June.
- Merton, Robert C, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection under Uncertainty: The Continuous-Time Case," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 247-57, August.
- Leung, S.F., 1992.
"Uncertain Lifetime, the Theory of the Consumer, and the Life Cycle Hypothesis,"
RCER Working Papers
323, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Leung, Siu Fai, 1994. "Uncertain Lifetime, the Theory of the Consumer, and the Life Cycle Hypothesis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1233-39, September.
- Lewis, Frank D, 1989. "Dependents and the Demand for Life Insurance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 452-67, June.
- Marín-Solano, Jesús & Navas, Jorge & Roch, Oriol, 2013. "Non-constant discounting and consumption, portfolio and life insurance rules," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 186-190.
- Yao, Haixiang & Lai, Yongzeng & Ma, Qinghua & Jian, Minjie, 2014. "Asset allocation for a DC pension fund with stochastic income and mortality risk: A multi-period mean–variance framework," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 84-92.
- Pirvu, Traian A. & Zhang, Huayue, 2012. "Optimal investment, consumption and life insurance under mean-reverting returns: The complete market solution," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 303-309.
- Cai, Jun & Ge, Chenliang, 2012. "Multi-objective private wealth allocation without subportfolios," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 900-907.
- de-Paz, Albert & Marín-Solano, Jesús & Navas, Jorge & Roch, Oriol, 2014.
"Consumption, investment and life insurance strategies with heterogeneous discounting,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 66-75.
- Albert de-Paz & Jesus Marin-Solano & Jorge Navas & Oriol Roch, 2012. "Consumption, investment and life insurance strategies with heterogeneous discounting," Working Papers in Economics 277, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- I. Duarte & Diogo Pinheiro & Alberto A. Pinto & S. R. Pliska, 2011.
"Optimal life insurance purchase, consumption and investment on a financial market with multi-dimensional diffusive terms,"
CEMAPRE Working Papers
1102, Centre for Applied Mathematics and Economics (CEMAPRE), School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon.
- I. Duarte & D. Pinheiro & A. A. Pinto & S. R. Pliska, 2011. "Optimal Life Insurance Purchase, Consumption and Investment on a financial market with multi-dimensional diffusive terms," Papers 1102.2263, arXiv.org.
- Kwak, Minsuk & Shin, Yong Hyun & Choi, U Jin, 2011. "Optimal investment and consumption decision of a family with life insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 176-188, March.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia R. Young, 2012. "Life Insurance Purchasing to Maximize Utility of Household Consumption," Papers 1205.5958, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2013.
- Zeng, Yan & Wu, Huiling & Lai, Yongzeng, 2013. "Optimal investment and consumption strategies with state-dependent utility functions and uncertain time-horizon," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 462-470.
- Huang, Huaxiong & Milevsky, Moshe A., 2008. "Portfolio choice and mortality-contingent claims: The general HARA case," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2444-2452, November.
- Schendel, Lorenz S., 2014. "Consumption-investment problems with stochastic mortality risk," SAFE Working Paper Series 43, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Grant, Charles, 2010. "Evidence on the insurance effect of bankruptcy exemptions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2247-2254, September.
- Kraft, Holger & Schendel, Lorenz S. & Steffensen, Mogens, 2014. "Life insurance demand under health shock risk," SAFE Working Paper Series 40, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.