The effects of option listing on the underlying stocks' return processes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 15 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hwang, Soosung & Satchell, Stephen E., 2000.
"Market risk and the concept of fundamental volatility: Measuring volatility across asset and derivative markets and testing for the impact of derivatives markets on financial markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 759-785, May.
- Stephen Satchell & Soosung Hwang, 1999. "Market Risk and the Concept of Fundamental Volatility: Measuring Volatility Across Asset and Derivative Markets and Testing for the Impact of Derivatives Markets on Financial Markets," Working Papers wp99-16, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Jungshik Kim, 1997.
"The Big Players in the Foreign Exchange Market: Do They Trade on Information or Noise?,"
NBER Working Papers
6256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wei, S.J. & Kim, J., 1999. "The Big Players in the Foreign Exchange Market: Do They Trade on Information or Noise?," Papers 5, Chicago - Graduate School of Business.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Jungshik Kim, 1999. "The Big Players in the Foreign Exchange Market: Do They Trade on Information or Noise?," CID Working Papers 5, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- de Jong, C.M., 2001. "Informed Option Trading Strategies," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-55-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Mugwagwa, Tafadzwa & Ramiah, Vikash & Naughton, Tony & Moosa, Imad, 2012. "The efficiency of the buy-write strategy: Evidence from Australia," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 305-328.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997.
"Margin requirements, volatility, and market integrity: what have we learned since the crash?,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1997-22, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Paul Kupiec, 1998. "Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since the Crash?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 231-255, June.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997. "Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since The Crash?," FMG Special Papers sp97, Financial Markets Group.
- Badreddine, Sina & Galariotis, Emilios C. & Holmes, Phil, 2012. "The relevance of information and trading costs in explaining momentum profits: Evidence from optioned and non-optioned stocks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 589-608.
- Rashiqa Kamal & Edward R. Lawrence & George McCabe & Arun J. Prakash, 2012. "Additions to S&P 500 Index: not so informative any more," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(3), pages 380-402, March.
- Holden, Craig W. & Lundstrum, Leonard L., 2009. "Costly trade, managerial myopia, and long-term investment," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 126-135, January.
- Niels C. Thygesen & Robert N. McCauley & Guonan Ma & William R. White & Jakob de Haan & Willem van den End & Jon Frost & Christiaan Pattipeilohy & Mostafa Tabbae & Ernest Gnan & Morten Balling & Paul , 2013. "50 Years of Money and Finance: Lessons and Challenges," SUERF 50th Anniversary Volume - 50 Years of Money and Finance: Lessons and Challenges, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 1 edited by Morten Balling & Ernest Gnan.
- Paolo Savona & Aurelio Maccario & Chiara Oldani, 2000. "On Monetary Analysis of Derivatives," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 149-175, August.
- Alejandro Bernales & Massimo Guidolin, 2013. "The Effects of Information Asymmetries on the Success of Stock Option Listings," Working Papers 484, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Chaudhury, Mohammed & Elfakhami, Said, 1997. "Listing of put options: Is there any volatility effect?," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 57-75.
- Kabir, M.R., 1997. "New Evidence on Price and Volatility Effects of Stock Option Introductions," Discussion Paper 1997-37, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Thomas Kraus & Heinz Zimmermann, 2002. "Stock Option Listings:Information versus Liquidity Effects," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 138(I), pages 83-97, March.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Ors, Evren & Peterson, Mark A. & Seguin, Paul J., 2004. "Margin regulation and market quality: a microstructure analysis," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 549-574, September.
- Stewart Mayhew & Vassil Mihov, 2000. "Another Look at Option Listing Effects," Finance 0004002, EconWPA.
- Asli Ascioglu & Murat Aydogdu & Lynn Phillips Kugele, 2013. "The Impact of Option Listing on the Trading Activity of Turkcell’s American Depository Receipt (ADR)," Bogazici Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 27(1), pages 1-18.
- Sahlstrom, Petri, 2001. "Impact of stock option listings on return and risk characteristics in Finland," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 19-36.
- de Jong, Cyriel & Koedijk, Kees & Schnitzlein, Charles, 2002. "Stock Market Quality in the Prescence of a Traded Option," CEPR Discussion Papers 3173, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.