Bank acquisitions and ownership structure: Theory and evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 15 (1991)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elijah Brewer, III & William E. Jackson, III & Julapa A. Jagtiani, 2007. "Target's corporate governance and bank merger payoffs," Research Working Paper RWP 07-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Bowo Setiyono & Amine Tarazi, 2014. "Disclosure, ownership structure and bank risk: Evidence from Asia," Working Papers hal-00947590, HAL.
- Garcia-Marco, Teresa & Robles-Fernández, M. Dolores, 2008.
"Risk-taking behaviour and ownership in the banking industry: The Spanish evidence,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 332-354.
- Teresa garcía Marco & M. Dolores Robles-Fernández, 2005. "Risk tasking behaviour and ownership in the banking industry: the Spanish evidence," Documentos del Instituto Complutense de AnÃ¡lisis EconÃ³mico 0507, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Wang, Hongxia & Sakr, Sameh & Ning, Yixi & Davidson III, Wallace N., 2010. "Board composition after mergers, does it matter to target shareholders?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 837-851, December.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, 1992.
"Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking,"
NBER Working Papers
4247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gorton, Gary & Rosen, Richard, 1995. " Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1377-1420, December.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, 1992. "Corporate control, portfolio choice, and the decline of banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 215, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, . "Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-93, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, 1994. "Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 95-09, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, . "Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-93, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Azofra, Valentín & Santamaría, Marcos, 2011. "Ownership, control, and pyramids in Spanish commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1464-1476, June.
- Stephen Prowse, 1995. "Alternative methods of corporate control in commercial banks," Working Papers 9507, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1991. "Investigating the banking consolidation trend," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 3-15.
- Elijah Brewer, III & William E. Jackson, III & Julapa A. Jagtiana, 2000. "Impact of independent directors and the regulatory environment on bank merger prices: evidence from takeover activity in the 1990s," Working Paper Series WP-00-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- W. Frame & William Lastrapes, 1998. "Abnormal Returns in the Acquisition Market: The Case of Bank Holding Companies, 1990–1993," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 145-163, October.
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1996. "Consolidation in U.S. banking: implications for efficiency and risk," Working Papers 572, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Hadlock, Charles & Houston, Joel & Ryngaert, Michael, 1999. "The role of managerial incentives in bank acquisitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 221-249, February.
- Köhler, Matthias, 2010. "Transparency of regulation and cross-border bank mergers," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-009 [rev.], ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Ely, David P. & Song, Moon H., 2000. "Acquisition activity of large depository institutions in the 1990s:: An empirical analysis of motives," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 467-484.
- Sangkyun Park, 1994. "Explanations for the increased riskiness of banks in the 1980s," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 3-24.
- Hart, Jeffrey R. & Apilado, Vince P., 2002. "Inexperienced banks and interstate mergers," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 313-330.
- Robert DeYoung & Kenneth Spong & Richard J. Sullivan, 1999. "Who's minding the store? motivating and monitoring hired managers at small, closely held firms: the case of commercial banks," Working Paper Series WP-99-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.