Financial disclosure regulation and its environment: A review and further analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Public Policy.
Volume (Year): 9 (1990)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jaccpubpol
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steven Globerman & W.R. Singleton, 2009.
"Harmonisation of voluntary disclosure practices by Japanese companies,"
International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(4), pages 335-355.
- Steven Globerman & W. Ron SIngleton, 2004. "Harmonization Of Voluntary Disclosure Practices By Japanese Companies," International Trade 0406002, EconWPA.
- Allen, Arthur & Cho, Jang Youn & Jung, Kooyul, 1997. "Earnings forecast errors: Comparative evidence from the Pacific-Basin capital markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 115-129, February.
- Leuz, Christian & Wüstemann, Jens, 2003. "The role of accounting in the German financial system," CFS Working Paper Series 2003/16, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Ding, Yuan & Hervé, Stolowy & Hope, Ole-Kristian & Jeanjean, Thomas, 2005.
"Differences between domestic accounting standards and IAS: measurement, determinants and implications,"
Les Cahiers de Recherche
826, HEC Paris.
- Ding, Yuan & Hope, Ole-Kristian & Jeanjean, Thomas & Stolowy, Herve, 2007. "Differences between domestic accounting standards and IAS: Measurement, determinants and implications," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-38.
- Dong, Minyue & Stettler, Alfred, 2011. "Estimating firm-level and country-level effects in cross-sectional analyses: An application of hierarchical modeling in corporate disclosure studies," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 271-303, September.
- Salter, Stephen B., 1998. "Corporate financial disclosure in emerging markets: Does economic development matter?," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 211-234.
- Jaggi, Bikki & Low, Pek Yee, 2000. "Impact of Culture, Market Forces, and Legal System on Financial Disclosures," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 495-519, 010.
- Archambault, Jeffrey J. & Archambault, Marie E., 1999. "A cross-national test of determinants of inflation accounting practices," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 189-207, 06.
- Elena Barbu, 2005. "Une Meilleure Connaissance De L'Environnement Comptable : Condition Sine Qua Non D'Une Meilleure Comprehension De L'Harmonisation Comptable Internationale," Post-Print halshs-00581120, HAL.
- Apostolos A. Ballas & Despina Skoutela & Christos A. Tzovas, 2010. "The relevance of IFRS to an emerging market: evidence from Greece," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(11), pages 931-948, November.
- Williams, S. Mitchell, 1999. "Voluntary environmental and social accounting disclosure practices in the Asia-Pacific region: an international empirical test of political economy theory," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 209-238, 06.
- Godfred A. Bokpin & Zangina Isshaq, 2009. "Corporate governance, disclosure and foreign share ownership on the Ghana Stock Exchange," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(7), pages 688-703, August.
- Nobes, Christopher & Stadler, Christian, 2013. "How arbitrary are international accounting classifications? Lessons from centuries of classifying in many disciplines, and experiments with IFRS data," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 573-595.
- Zeghal, Daniel & Mhedhbi, Karim, 2006. "An analysis of the factors affecting the adoption of international accounting standards by developing countries," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 373-386, 012.
- Larissa von Alberti-Alhtaybat & Khaled Hutaibat & Khaldoon Al-Htaybat, 2012. "Mapping corporate disclosure theories," Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(1), pages 73-94.
- Al-Akra, Mahmoud & Jahangir Ali, Muhammad & Marashdeh, Omar, 2009. "Development of accounting regulation in Jordan," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 163-186, June.
- Williams, S. Mitchell, 2004. "An international investigation of associations between societal variables and the amount of disclosure on information technology and communication problems: The case of Y2K," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 71-92.
- Taylor, Mark H. & Simon, Daniel T., 1999. "Determinants of audit fees: the importance of litigation, disclosure, and regulatory burdens in audit engagements in 20 countries," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 375-388, 08.
- Fargher, Neil & Taylor, Mark H. & Simon, Daniel T., 2001. "The demand for auditor reputation across international markets for audit services," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 407-421, 012.
- Archambault, Jeffrey J. & Archambault, Marie E., 2003. "A multinational test of determinants of corporate disclosure," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 173-194.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.