An analysis of the stock price reaction to sudden executive deaths : Implications for the managerial labor market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 7 (1985)
Issue (Month): 1-3 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Smith, Brian F. & Amoako-Adu, Ben, 1999. "Management succession and financial performance of family controlled firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 341-368, December.
- Ciska M. Bosman & Gerard Pfann & Jeff E. Biddle & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1997.
"Business Success and Businesses' Beauty Capital,"
NBER Working Papers
6083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Faccio, Mara & Parsley, David, 2006. "Sudden Deaths: Taking Stock of Political Connections," CEPR Discussion Papers 5460, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pino, Francisco J. & Vidal-Robert, Jordi, 2014. "Habemus Papam? Polarization and Conflict in the Papal States," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 189, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- von Lilienfeld-Toal, Ulf & Ruenzi, Stefan, 2006.
"Why managers hold shares of their firm: An empirical analysis,"
CFR Working Papers
06-11, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Ulf von Lilienfeld-Toal & Stefan Ruenzi, 2007. "Why Managers Hold Shares of Their Firms: An Empirical Analysis," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2007-055, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- William R. Lane & Mel Jameson, 1993. "Control Preference and Financial Attributes: Founders as CEOs in Small, Publicly Traded Firms," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 3(1), pages 43-62 , Fall.
- Beat Reber & Bob Berry & Steve Toms, 2005. "Firm resources and quality signalling: evidence from UK initial public offerings," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(8), pages 575-586.
- Randall Morck & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1986. "Management Ownership and Corporate Performance: An Empirical Analysis," NBER Working Papers 2055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dedman, Elisabeth & Lin, Stephen W. -J., 2002. "Shareholder wealth effects of CEO departures: evidence from the UK," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 81-104, January.
- Faccio, Mara & Parsley, Davie, 2007.
"Sudden Deaths: Taking Stock of Geographic Ties,"
6042, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, En-Te & Gray, Stephen & Nowland, John, 2012. "Multiple founders and firm value," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 398-415.
- San Martin-Reyna, J.M. & Duran-Encalada, Jorge A., 2012. "The relationship among family business, corporate governance and firm performance: Evidence from the Mexican stock exchange," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 106-117.
- Gaston, Noel, 1997. "Efficiency wages, managerial discretion, and the fear of bankruptcy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 41-59, May.
- Rida Zaidi & Ahmad Aslam, 2006. "Managerial Efficiency in Family Owned Firms in Pakistan - An Examination of Listed Firms," Microeconomics Working Papers 22283, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Robert Edelstein & Branko Urošević & Nicholas Wonder, 2005. "Ownership Dynamics of REITs," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 447-466, June.
- Darius Palia & S. Ravid & Chia-Jane Wang, 2008. "Founders versus non-founders in large companies: financial incentives and the call for regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 55-86, February.
- Keloharju, Matti & Knüpfer, Samuli, 2014. "Match Made at Birth? What Traits of a Million Swedes Tell Us about CEOs," Working Paper Series 1024, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Francisco Pérez-González, 2006. "Inherited Control and Firm Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(5), pages 1559-1588, December.
- Philippe Desbrières & Sylvie Saint-Onge & Michel Magnan, 2000. "Les plans d'option sur actions:théorie et pratique," Working Papers CREGO 1000102, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- McConaughy, Daniel L. & Walker, Michael C. & Henderson, Glenn Jr. & Mishra, Chandra S., 1998. "Founding family controlled firms: Efficiency and value," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-19.
- Chung, Kee H. & Pruitt, Stephen W., 1996. "Executive ownership, corporate value, and executive compensation: A unifying framework," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 1135-1159, August.
- Connelly, J. Thomas & Limpaphayom, Piman & Nagarajan, Nandu J., 2012. "Form versus substance: The effect of ownership structure and corporate governance on firm value in Thailand," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1722-1743.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.