Intra-industry information transfers associated with earnings releases
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 3 (1981)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dye, Ronald A. & Sridhar, Sri S., 2008. "A positive theory of flexibility in accounting standards," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2-3), pages 312-333, December.
- Aigbe Akhigbe & Jeff Madura, 1999. "Intraindustry Effects of Bank Stock Repurchases," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 23-36, February.
- Frankel, Richard & Kothari, S.P. & Weber, Joseph, 2006. "Determinants of the informativeness of analyst research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-2), pages 29-54, April.
- Hannu, Schadewitz, 1997. "Financial and nonfinancial information in interim reports: Determinants and implications," MPRA Paper 44292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kothari, S.P. & Weber, Joseph & Frankel, Richard M., 2002. "Determinants of the Informativeness of Analyst Research," Working papers 4243-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Han, Jerry C. Y. & Wild, John J., 2000. "Predisclosure Information, Firm Capitalization, and Earnings Information Transfers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 273-288, September.
- John Eshleman & Peng Guo, 2014. "The market’s use of supplier earnings information to value customers," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 405-422, August.
- Haifeng You & Xiao-Jun Zhang, 2011. "Limited attention and stock price drift following earnings announcements and 10-K filings," China Finance Review International, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(4), pages 358-387, August.
- Heather Anderson & Howard Chan & Robert Faff & Yew Kee Ho, 2012.
"Reported earnings and analyst forecasts as competing sources of information: A new approach,"
Australian Journal of Management,
Australian School of Business, vol. 37(3), pages 333-359, December.
- H.M. Anderson & H. Chan & R. Faff & Y.K. Ho, 2007. "Reported Earnings and Analyst Forecasts as Competing Sources of Information: A New Approach," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2007-488, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Narayanan, Ranga, 2000. "Insider trading and the voluntary disclosure of information by firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 395-425, March.
- Asthana, Sharad C. & Mishra, Birendra K., 2001. "The differential information hypothesis, firm size, and earnings information transfer: An empirical investigation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 37-47, July.
- Lytle, Laurian Casson & Joy, O. Maurice, 1996. "The Stock market impact of social pressure: The South African divestment case," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 507-527.
- Chan, Terence & Watson, Iain & Wee, Marvin, 2005. "The impact of the Internet on earnings announcements," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 263-300, June.
- Paulo Alves & Peter Pope & Steven Young, 2009. "Cross-Border Information Transfers: Evidence from Profit Warnings Issued by European Firms," Working Papers de GestÃ£o (Management Working Papers) 01, Faculdade de Economia e Gestão, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto).
- Massa, Massimo & Rehman, Zahid & Vermaelen, Theo, 2007. "Mimicking repurchases," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 624-666, June.
- Jeff Madura & Thanh Ngo, 2012. "Re-examination of industry effects due to withdrawn mergers," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 613-633, July.
- Ayers, Benjamin & Freeman, Robert N., 1997. "Market assessment of industry and firm earnings information," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 205-218, December.
- Anilowski, Carol & Feng, Mei & Skinner, Douglas J., 2007. "Does earnings guidance affect market returns? The nature and information content of aggregate earnings guidance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 36-63, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.